: Cam Position Sensors

Marks05STS
10-31-10, 02:15 AM
I have had two instances of cam position failures. The first I got fixed at the dealership, (mega expensive). The most recent one I would like to fix myself. Can anyone help?

C&C
10-31-10, 06:24 AM
It appears that there are four sensors; two right bank (exhaust and intake) and two left bank (e & i); that may be why it costs so much for replacement. It appears fairly easy to perform (after you gain access; removing engine site shields and the left bank requires you to loosen the power steeting pump), then disconnect the electrical connectors, loosen (one) bolt and remove sensor. When installing, lubricate the "O" ring, re-install the retaining bolt and reconnect electrical connector.

BaTu
10-31-10, 10:04 AM
Before you replace them.....

Their connector plugs are prone to corrosion. They may only need to be cleaned & greased to work again. In fact, may have been all the ones you replaced needed....

Marks05STS
11-01-10, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the information! Would the haine's manual be good enough to show me locations etc?

Marks05STS
11-02-10, 09:54 AM
I have been looking for an aftermarket manual for the 05 STS and no one seems to make one. Does anyone know who does?

Marks05STS
11-02-10, 09:55 AM
I have been trying to find an aftermarket manual for the 05 STS and there doesn't seem to be one! Does anyone know who publishes one?