how many cars have you owned goen threw destroy traded in or just owned
also please post your age
and what age you started driving at

for me

i was 15 when i got my first car
and im 30 now

and i have goen threw
about 12 cars atleast in the last 15 years
thats not counting my parents cars i have goen threw so id say another 5 onto that
so 17 total

Playdrv4me
10-30-10, 11:53 PM
Again?

Jesda
10-31-10, 01:05 AM
31 or 32

ThumperPup
10-31-10, 01:10 AM
Again?

i didnt know we did this before i know i saw something about waht cars have you owned but not antying about how many you have had

ThumperPup
10-31-10, 01:11 AM
31 or 32

wow man and i thout i whent threw cars alot lol

Playdrv4me
10-31-10, 02:12 AM
i didnt know we did this before i know i saw something about waht cars have you owned but not antying about how many you have had

Right... So if you just count the number of cars people posted you would have the number... For the record, we actually have also had the "how many" type threads come up more times than I can remember. For example, I know Destroyer has owned close to if not over 200...

In any case, somewhere between 34 and 36 for me. I lost count.

Jesda
10-31-10, 02:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aboZctrHfK8

Skip to 1:27

ThumperPup
10-31-10, 02:26 AM
Right... So if you just count the number of cars people posted you would have the number... For the record, we actually have also had the "how many" type threads come up more times than I can remember. For example, I know Destroyer has owned close to if not over 200...

In any case, somewhere between 34 and 36 for me. I lost count.

Ok well call me lazy for not wanting to coudn threw them all and just getting them here again

and if you dont like it well then start a how many times can us smucks start a thread like this lol

Aron9000
10-31-10, 03:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aboZctrHfK8

Skip to 1:27

What the hell????

I really want to watch that whole series/movie/whatever that is . . .

Jesda
10-31-10, 05:00 AM
Origins of "42":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy

Sandy
10-31-10, 11:26 PM
[B1966 Pontiac GTO Convert.
1967 Buick Skylark Gran Sport 455 Convert
1970 Buick Electra 225 Custom Convert.
1971 Imperial LeBaron 4-Dr. Hdt.
1972 Imperial LeBaron 4-Dr. Hdt.
1974 Imperial LeBaron 2-Door Hardtop
1975 Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe
1982 Imperial Coupe
1985 Dodge Diplomat S.E. - For Wife
1986 Lincoln Mark 6
1986 Mercury Capri RS ascMcLaren Edition
1988 Cadillac Sedan deVille -Mary Car car (pink) - for wife
1988 Dodge Shelby Shadow E/S 4-Dr. Killer fast
1990 ascMcLaren 2-Seat Roadster
1993 Cadillac Sixty Special
2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 Final 500 Edition - For Wife (Current Car)
2003 Lincoln Town Car Spring Feature car... "THE LIMITED"

I am holding out, seriously searching for a 2002 -2004 Avanti ConvertibleB] HELP !

EChas3
10-31-10, 11:42 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Good Art.

Don't Panic.

johnny kannapo
11-01-10, 12:06 AM
I didn't have one of these-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWWYkxQCFfQ&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWWYkxQCFfQ&feature=player_embedded

ShadowLvr400
11-02-10, 09:11 AM
Well, I'm 27 now, was 16 when I received the first one.

93 Volvo 240D Wagon Sold
99 Oldsmobile Cutlass My mother now owns it
95 Lincoln Town Car Wrecked
97 Eldorado Wrecked
96 Fleetwood Still running, despite 3 fender benders, and a blown rear end

73 Mark IV Sitting in storage, waiting to be built.

Oh yea, so 6.

drewsdeville
11-02-10, 11:58 AM
Wow, what are your insurance rates like?

Stingroo
11-02-10, 12:08 PM
Hey look, his might even be higher than mine! :lol: Good god I can't wait until I'm 25 or so...

ShadowLvr400
11-02-10, 12:12 PM
Me? Not too bad now actually. Been like 4 years since a claimed wreck on the Fleetwood, married, and now 27, so past the young male penalty. Something to consider as well, in 11 years of driving, the average person would have put on 123,000 miles or so. Me,

Volvo, 8k miles
Cutlass 60k miles
Town Car 24k miles
Eldorado 40k miles
Fleetwood 80k miles
Mark IV 2k miles

Mom's BMW, 10k miles
Mom's truck 20+k miles.

So overall, I've done over 240k miles, nearly twice the national average. Damn that adds up quick. :)

Jesda
11-02-10, 03:18 PM
Florida -- its impossible to drive anywhere without some absent-minded person slamming into your car.

Stingroo
11-02-10, 04:18 PM
Sounds about right. So far it's only happened to me twice:

Once in the school parking lot, I was sitting in my car on the phone because it was raining, and I didn't feel like walking through it. I had pulled all the way through a pair of parking spaces, so it was as if I backed into one, and the one behind me was free. Guy pulls into the spot behind me too fast and hits me. He gets out and suspiciously looks at both cars and I notice the expression on his face change. I get out of the car and he's freaking out because he shattered his aftermarket fog lights and broke his license plate frame off - chipped some paint on the back of my car. Whatever.

Second time, I was on my way home for the summer and stopped for gas. This douchebag in an 3-series of some sort comes flying around the building and I swerve to avoid him, and I tapped a concrete pole (at like, 10mph?) I backed up, went to my pump and noticed that my bumper cover was cracked. I went inside, figuring he had just left, and he freaks out at me like I'd done something wrong and puts his hands on me and starts shaking me asking "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU DIDN'T YOU SEE I WAS COMING?!" I walked out, threw $5 in gas in the car, did some things I "shouldn't" have, and filled up somewhere else.

I hate Florida.

drewsdeville
11-02-10, 07:29 PM
Why does it seem that certain types of people own certain types of cars.

Like in Stings post, it seems like most of the 3 series owners I've ever known were @$$holes. Same goes for most WRX and EVO owners. Everytime I see one of those cars, I think "dumbass".

I swear a certain type of machine attracts a specific personality.

Stingroo
11-02-10, 07:35 PM
I've noticed that with EVO owners, but most WRX owners I've seen were older guys around here, except my one friend who had one in high school. They're not all that common down here as it is, though. But yeah, I agree, something about certain cars or trucks definitely attracts certain types of people.

And then there's oddities like me and my wagon. :lol:

Jesda
11-02-10, 07:52 PM
My favorite thing about having owned a 3-series was hanging out at e46fanatics.com. Those guys are a riot. They're a somewhat materialistic and fashionable bunch of guys and girls, but they're easy to get along with. Almost all of them are ambitious 20somethings.
I wish I had gone to 4ngiefest: http://4ngiefest.com/

Saab guys are really friendly and usually very down to earth. I find them easy to trust. I guess living in a cold place like Sweden or Maine requires a certain personality.

Classic BMW guys seem to be the same way. Easy to trust and REALLY into their cars (lol, hi Rick).

Nissan guys are a mixed bag -- you have the annoying personalities with 350Zs and GTRs (for some reason, the douchebags havent gravitated to the 370Z yet), but most everyone else is friendly with very open personalities.

Cadillac guys have the most contrast of all. You have several generations of people under the umbrella of one brand. You get everything from people in Escalades with 26s to nerdy guys with Sevilles and Eldorados. I noticed that among IT professionals, later K-body cars are quite popular, as is the '05-'11 STS. Cadillac owners over the age of 55 tend to be very friendly, easygoing people.

When you go through a lot of cars, you do waste a ton of money, but you get some really interesting experiences.

drewsdeville
11-02-10, 08:00 PM
Cadillac guys have the most contrast of all. You have several generations of people under the umbrella of one brand. You get everything from people in Escalades with 26s to nerdy guys with Sevilles and Eldorados. I noticed that among IT professionals, later K-body cars are quite popular, as is the '05-'11 STS. Cadillac owners over the age of 55 tend to be very friendly, easygoing people.

This is actually something I've grown to appreciate and I agree 95%.

Back when I was driving truck full time, I used to meet a lot of people on the job where small talk was kind of essential. It was amazing the amount of times I'd unexpectedly fall into a conversation about old Cadillacs. What was really neat was the amount of younger guys, like myself.

The only thing I don't agree on is the IT professionals. Knowing quite a few myself, I usually find they are at one extreme or the other: either completely not caring driving a 2001 Ford Taurus or really into their $80k Land Rover, well out of Cadillacs range.

Jesda
11-02-10, 08:07 PM
Let me reword that. Among K-body owners here, IT guys make up a good portion of them, more so than other models.