: Tried installing Bluetooth vcim couldn't get it to pair

sims1dh
10-30-10, 07:21 PM
hey guys I installed a bluetooth vcim today and was unable to get it to enter bluetooth or pairing mode. I read everything I could find on the site and no luck. I notice that I have version 1.0 of the navigation dvd. Do you guys think that could be my issue. I installed vcim 20756237. My phone could see the unit but I could pair it to get the code.

ctsv-ext
10-30-10, 09:17 PM
What happens when you hold the mute/talk button on the steering wheel?

ctsv-ext
10-30-10, 09:25 PM
Once the VCIM is installed, press and hold the talk button. When prompted say "Onstar". It will say "Onstar Ready". You will say "Bluetooth". It will say "Bluetooth Ready" then you will follow with "Pair"

cadmanchris
10-30-10, 09:25 PM
Y'm not sure what part # my module is, but I have to say onstar first, then Bluetooth.

sims1dh
10-30-10, 09:59 PM
When I say onstar it doesn't reconize it as a command. I have tried every combination, Onstar bluetooth and so on. I put the old box in and i can't get into onstar from my steering wheel either. I'm wondering if I need a filmware upgrade. I have version 1.0

sims1dh
10-30-10, 10:01 PM
When I hold the talk but it beeps and then i say onstar and it doesn't recognize the command.

sims1dh
10-30-10, 10:02 PM
the only way I can get into onstar is to press the button on the rear view mirror.

cadmanchris
10-30-10, 10:13 PM
Do you have a red or green light on the mirror? (on the right side)

sims1dh
10-30-10, 10:20 PM
When I put the new vcim in it turned red. Now that I took it back out its back to green

cadmanchris
10-30-10, 10:23 PM
And you installed the little blluetooth antenna on the new VCIM?

sims1dh
10-31-10, 12:31 AM
Yes the antenna was installed. I can see the unit on my phone just can't get into to pairing menu.

sims1dh
10-31-10, 12:45 AM
here's a link that shows the parts I used as well as the install. http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=sims1dh&target=ALBUM&id=5534065395550726833&authkey=Gv1sRgCLPQzdDt7NCFUQ&feat=email

ctsv-ext
10-31-10, 03:12 AM
I installed the same vcim as you and have the same problem getting it to pair. I have the brand new navigation/firmware disc coming in next week and I'll let you know if it works. I hated spending the money on a new disc but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I know we cant be the first ones having this problem??

sims1dh
10-31-10, 09:37 AM
I installed the same vcim as you and have the same problem getting it to pair. I have the brand new navigation/firmware disc coming in next week and I'll let you know if it works. I hated spending the money on a new disc but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I know we cant be the first ones having this problem??

Ok at least now I now that I'm not crazy. Please let me know how it works out after you install the new disk.

ctsv-ext
11-02-10, 07:41 PM
I installed the new navigation dvd and was able to get the bluetooth to pair without any problems. Good luck!

sims1dh
11-02-10, 08:33 PM
That great I have a new disk on the way

2007caddy
11-02-10, 09:12 PM
When I tried to pair mine it took a few tries for the system to recognize my command...speak clearly and loud (do not shout) with the windows closed with no background noise....Use a normal speech tone as well....if all fails have someone else try their voice before your next step.

sims1dh
11-02-10, 09:14 PM
I tried all those things. I think we have figured out it is due to some of us having a very old navigation disk. The new disk seems to activate that talk button as a call button as well.

ctsv-ext
11-02-10, 09:31 PM
I tried all those things. I think we have figured out it is due to some of us having a very old navigation disk. The new disk seems to activate that talk button as a call button as well.

You got it. My talk button did nothing other than mute before the updated disc.

login
11-03-10, 09:12 PM
I am having the same problem. What version disk are you now using?

Thanks

Bill

ctsv-ext
11-03-10, 10:18 PM

sims1dh
11-07-10, 08:45 AM
Well everyone, after hours of working on this I finally got my phone to pair. But I did find out something that is very relevant to this discussion. The map disk was not my issue. For some odd reason I have to pronounce Onstar "Unstar". After installing the nav disk I still couldn't get to Onstar from my steering wheel. After 2 hours of playing with it I discovered I have to say "Unstar". Anyone having an issue should try this.

sims1dh
11-07-10, 09:27 AM
jH5hOXp5wvo

login
02-01-11, 08:59 AM
UPDATE: Well after purchasing the bluetooth Onstar module upgrade a couple months ago, I have finally completed the installation last night. My 3 month trial was up almost a month ago and they have been calling every day so I thought I better get it done.

Well.... I must say... it is such a great feature...

I paired my wife's phone and the kids (I do not have a cell phone) in seconds.

Tested by calling and receiving the truck and everything was great.

I recommend this upgrade for the $220 it cost me.

Bill

Note: I did upgrade the NAV disk (for free) to 2010.

gahagan
02-16-11, 07:52 AM
So do I need to upgrade my Nav disk or does it work with the disk I already have? Also Are you still able to use the Onstar system with this VCIM?

Raven Ron
02-24-11, 09:24 PM
UPDATE: Well after purchasing the bluetooth Onstar module upgrade a couple months ago, I have finally completed the installation last night. My 3 month trial was up almost a month ago and they have been calling every day so I thought I better get it done.

Well.... I must say... it is such a great feature...

I paired my wife's phone and the kids (I do not have a cell phone) in seconds.

Tested by calling and receiving the truck and everything was great.

I recommend this upgrade for the $220 it cost me.

Bill

Note: I did upgrade the NAV disk (for free) to 2010.

Do you mind passing to me all the parts/numbers necessary to do this upgrade? Also, did your Onstar continue to work? Thanks in advance...

Ron

krieghoff
10-17-11, 07:21 PM
My Iphone keeps asking me for a pin number! What do I put in???

LeftLane
10-17-11, 08:17 PM
as retarded as it may sound!! I have to say UN STAR instead of ON STAR to get mine to respond.

LeftLane
10-17-11, 08:24 PM
My Iphone keeps asking me for a pin number! What do I put in???

To get into the bluetooth mode say "on star" it will come back and say On star ready, then say Bluetooth, it will come back and say bluetooth ready, then say "pair". It will tell you the pin # to enter.

krieghoff
10-17-11, 08:42 PM
Thanks!!! So far it seems to work great! Wish I would have installed this a long time ago!!