: On star my link is here!

mm9351
10-30-10, 12:36 PM
Hey SRX owners:

Just downloaded this terrific free app for my SRX...

http:www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile

Be sure to click on the Cadillac tab.

I can now lock / unlock / remote start / set horn / lights / check fuel / tire pressure / and much more from my ipad.

:bouncy: Released just a few days ago... WOW...thanks OnStar:bouncy:

stevec5375
10-30-10, 02:24 PM
It seems to me that if you can call OnStar via phone and have them unlock your car that they could make this work on the 2010 model of the SRX via a smartphone app. if they really wanted to. I couldn't care less about remote start, tire pressure, etc. But I sure wouldn't mind the unlock door feature.

TheCaptain
10-30-10, 04:42 PM
It sure would be swell if us 2010 owners got use of this app! :yup:

Otherwise it's a bit of a :kick: for us 2010's... :helpless:

coachk
10-30-10, 11:16 PM
I feel the same way ...there must be some type of update ONSTAR could send to allow this to work with 2010 vehicles. Has anyone asked ?

TexasJim
10-31-10, 05:25 PM
Hey SRX owners:

Just downloaded this terrific free app for my SRX...

http:www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile

Be sure to click on the Cadillac tab.

I can now lock / unlock / remote start / set horn / lights / check fuel / tire pressure / and much more from my ipad.

:bouncy: Released just a few days ago... WOW...thanks OnStar:bouncy:

I AGREE!! Neat app, and it works perfectly "out of the box"! Worth the wait for a 2011.
J.

mm9351
10-31-10, 06:18 PM
Just a few issues...for some reason tire pressures don't exactly match values on the dash, also there's no way to cancel horn & lights.

Overall this is a great app and works as advertised. Wonder why it's not compatible with the 2010s...

stevec5375
10-31-10, 06:37 PM
It is said that the compatibility problem is due to OnStar hardware in the 2010. I'm not hardware expert but have written plenty of software in my day. If you can call OnStar on the phone and have them unlock your 2010 SRX, then software could be written to do the same thing.

Grizz262
11-01-10, 12:10 PM
Agreed, Just bought the car two months ago, and wish I had waited.....

Smokin' SRX
11-04-10, 01:21 PM
The 2011 models have Onstar series 9.0. different animal my sources tell me MAYBE the Onstar module could be swapped at cost of few hundred bucks????

I has a 2003 Yukon module swapped few years ago when all cell phones went digital and I wanted to keep Onstar. Only cost about $59, with a prepaid 1 year agreement to Onstar, but GM didn't want a mandatory loss of my Onstar business. Little incentive here...

PS....the horn/flash command should "time-out" in about 1 minute. They shoulda put a "cancel" command in. I bet you could do it by your transmitter if you were within range?

SS

mm9351
11-04-10, 10:09 PM
The 2011 models have Onstar series 9.0. different animal my sources tell me MAYBE the Onstar module could be swapped at cost of few hundred bucks????

I has a 2003 Yukon module swapped few years ago when all cell phones went digital and I wanted to keep Onstar. Only cost about $59, with a prepaid 1 year agreement to Onstar, but GM didn't want a mandatory loss of my Onstar business. Little incentive here...

PS....the horn/flash command should "time-out" in about 1 minute. They shoulda put a "cancel" command in. I bet you could do it by your transmitter if you were within range?

/ information.

SS

After the horn flash was set on my iPad, I tried to cancel the command with the "unlock" button on my transmitter, which normally cancels the panic alarm...no luck. Only way to cancel is to physically open the door. Maybe another method exists but I couldn't figure it out.

Note that the iPad / iPhone app offers "two way communication." After the command is sent, you get a confirming message, e.g. "vehicle is now unlocked." No mystery as to whether your command was successfully executed. In addition to lock status, the app also reports the fuel level in the tank, range, oil life, and your last trip and average mileage, individual tire pressure, etc.

One poster reported that she locked her keyfob in the car. Still not sure how that is possible, since the vehicle senses if the transmitter is inside the car. In any event, having your iPhone in hand you can send your own unlock commands, thus makes contacting OnStar completely unnecessary.

I think the next upgrade for this app will offer even more services!

2011_SRX
11-08-10, 12:49 AM
This is all I receive after five days of trying. OnStar promoted the case to a senior technician so all I can do is wait.

2011_SRX
11-09-10, 04:59 PM
This is all I receive after five days of trying. OnStar promoted the case to a senior technician so all I can do is wait.

UPDATE: MyLink is working. OnStar sent an update to my vehicle this morning (11/09/2010) so MyLink is working properly and exactly as advertised!