: Condensation in Headlight

parker34
10-30-10, 12:17 AM
I think there is a crack in my headlight because there is condensation on the inside of it and I know if i keep it like it is it might burn the bulb out and I do not really want to buy new bulbs so i guess my question is what exactly do i need to buy and who has the best price

EChas3
10-30-10, 10:57 AM
There is a thread on STS Headlight R & R around here somewhere... Complete replacement can be expensive and many privately available parts (eBay, etc.) can be damaged in some way. I urge caution. Gather as much as information as you can find.

Do you have pooled water or just condensation on the interior surfaces?

parker34
10-30-10, 02:11 PM
it started as a little haziness and has turned into medium sized water droplets on the inside of the light cover

EChas3
10-30-10, 03:29 PM
It sounds like you caught it fairly early. The water may not have done much damage yet. A dealer might not even consider it 'excessive' as some require to honor under warranty.

Search for the remove and repair headlight thread. I think it last came up a few months ago. It might even be in FAQ (4th Sticky Thread).

parker34
10-30-10, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestion...I will look at that thread because my car is out of warranty so I will have to do it on my own