: ok..never been more confused ...help

chirochris
10-29-10, 07:47 PM
i went to perfromance shop today to buy my bbexhaust..well, when i get there someone was there ordering a corsa system..all of us start talking with owner and he said they all sound alittle different and the most noticable thing is the "drone"(inside truck noise) and corsa is the most quiet but didnt want to talk me out of either so would sell and install both for same price of which ever is cheapest so i dont feel pressured...wtf...now what!!!...different sounds, inside and out, different hp gains!!...i am so confused on what i should get...anyone have either of these on or had both..btw 1000$ installed for either

bstiffmanofsteel
10-29-10, 08:56 PM
Alot of the guys on the other Escalade forum run Corsa touring. I have a friend with the Corsa sport which I thought was way too loud for a Cadillac...

hcvone
10-30-10, 09:01 AM
I have Corsa Touring and B&B, I have Corsa Touring on my 09' with long tube headers and "other things" and have B&B's on both 2010's, Corsa will give you less interior noise than any other aftermarket system, of course than means you get less performance "noise" out the tail pipe, not less performance, just less exhaust note, full throttle still will roar. Corsa Sport is louder, it was too loud with long tube headers for the mountain driving I do, so I switched out the muffler after a week with the Sport muffler to the Touring muffler. B&B has the sound of a big block 60's Corvette for lack of better description, a very bold sound, too loud with long tube headers for my type of driving, but great for a stock exhaust replacement, add an air intake and computer tuning and it will surprise you with nice performace gains and great sound, now the down side of B&B, they do not use a flex coupler like the stock system or like Corsa does, this means you get more vibration thru the truck, B&B will tell you there is none, that is just not true, my one B&B exhaust has been on my 2007, 2008 and now is on my 2010, so what I was add the flex coupling, something that B&B would not do, and I know this maybe hard to believe but adding the flex coupling make 95% of the vibration go away. :)

chirochris
10-30-10, 11:38 AM
i cant decide what to do...corsa sport sounds like the middle of the road for sound ===touring, sport and then b&b...what about perfromance rear wheel hp..is there a big difference..i am adding a cai and chip also...i want sound out the back but not inside..also cosra has a rear exit option..does this matter?

hcvone
10-31-10, 10:45 AM
i cant decide what to do...corsa sport sounds like the middle of the road for sound ===touring, sport and then b&b...what about perfromance rear wheel hp..is there a big difference..i am adding a cai and chip also...i want sound out the back but not inside..also cosra has a rear exit option..does this matter?

My Corsa is rear exit, rear exit will make less noise, although with Corsa inside noise is not an issue, all pretty much the same on the hp, you get between 7-15 wheel hp depending on what mods you do. I will look when we get home, I know I have a Corsa Touring rear exit, and I may still have a Sport rear exit, these would be for the standard escalade, I know the Touring was on one of my 2010's for 2 months while I was adding a flex coupler to the B&B system, and if I still have the Sport it was on for about 1 month on the other 2010. Where are you located? I will let you know what I have. :)

chirochris
10-31-10, 01:45 PM
10956..thanks..so you have on b&b instead of corsa sport?..what was reasoning..sounds like you have has all 3 on multiple rides and are going with B&B, just your thoughts on choice

K9Caddy
10-31-10, 01:54 PM
I've had both(B&B and Corsa) as expressed in the past, will stick with B&B. You are really one indecisive dude!lol

chirochris
10-31-10, 09:44 PM
lol..its hard when you have so many opinions to help out with...what about b&B and not having the flex coupler?...vibrations more than others..life was alot easier wihtout internet..i would just have ordered something and not obsessed on it all the time....and 1000$ is a lot to pay to screw up my escalade with the wrong system...it looks like you and hcvone have had both and are using b&B...one with couplier and one without

Urutu
11-05-10, 08:42 AM
My cousin has Corsa on his '06 wheels and has no issues with it (as I know from his words;))

PreachRR
11-06-10, 01:51 PM
10956..thanks..so you have on b&b instead of corsa sport?..what was reasoning..sounds like you have has all 3 on multiple rides and are going with B&B, just your thoughts on choice

that sounds like my neck of the woods.. 10992

chirochris
11-06-10, 02:18 PM
were are you from...im in rockland county..new city....AND FINALLY WENT WITH CORSA SPORT(LESS CABIN NOISE) AND CAI , CHIP IS NEXT(OHBOY)

Hell Hound
11-19-10, 07:14 PM
One valuable tip I learned on my Silverado SS, is that if the shape of the muffler is oblong (for example a Flowmaster), turn the muffler 90 degrees, it lowers the interior resonance. Another way to lower it even further is to make sure the tip exits all the way out the back

PreachRR
11-20-10, 02:01 AM
I just installed the magnaflow and it is a pretty nice set up.. Overall pretty happy with it although My gear head brother thinks its too quiet

bstiffmanofsteel
11-20-10, 02:27 AM
A little off topic, but my buddy just sport tuned his 07 and the thing is a rocket ship... I am thinking of doing my EXT. Any recommendations ?