: What is this thing??

09-17-04, 02:37 PM
I'm assuming it's a part of air-ride system. I do not have air-ride though. Regardless of what it is or isn't it's been sitting underhood for 23 years doing nothing. It's removal has had no adverse reaction on the car, except maybe shaving off 15lbs.

09-17-04, 04:09 PM
Seems to be the air pump, certainly no use if you don't have the air ride !

09-18-04, 02:58 AM
Doesn't look like my 78s air pump, it could've been changed though. No idea what it is though.

barge master
09-18-04, 11:34 AM
Yeah, that's the level-ride air pump. Somebody probably took out the air shocks long ago. I'd think a hearse would have them, since it's a commercial car. I made one into a half-ass tire inflator.