: Just Picked Her Up!

pompousass
10-28-10, 09:28 PM
Last night I picked up my Diamond White 07 EXT. I have been lurking on this board a few weeks before pulling the trigger. I searced and found a lot of good info. Hopefully, I can get away with one post without being told go search for it.
1. I hear a little beep or hum for a couple of seconds now and then. Could is be the NAV DVD?
2. How the heck do you dry the rear window after going through the car wash? The only thing I can see is removing the 3 pieces covering the bed?

bstiffmanofsteel
10-28-10, 10:36 PM
The rear window you can remove from inside the cab to dry. For the hum/ beep, search... JK! Congrats

Alien
10-28-10, 11:36 PM
If I remember correctly... each panel can support 250 lbs...I get up on them in the winter to take the snow off the roof..

Also look into buying or building a bedslide for the back... best thing I ever put in the truck.

Good luck with it.

vfjdesign
10-29-10, 01:30 PM
If I remember correctly... each panel can support 250 lbs...I get up on them in the winter to take the snow off the roof..

Also look into buying or building a bedslide for the back... best thing I ever put in the truck.

Good luck with it.

I don't recommend getting up on the panels! My 2002 was water tight until I took it to a car wash and caught the guys up on the panels. Definitely get in the back seat and open the window in towards you to dry it. Beep I have no idea either. If Onstar is active ask them to run a diagnostic.

Big Windy Ext
10-29-10, 03:49 PM
If your athletic enough use the rear tire , or open the window . Bedslide is the best thing you can put in . Welcome to the Forums ! Now starts the fun of one of the most accessorized vehicles . Bluetooth ,second battery, leds, locpics, heated and cooled cup holders , subs and many others :bling:

pompousass
10-29-10, 07:10 PM
Thanks for all the good info guys. I guess now I go search to see what the beep might be and to try and figure out what the heck a bedslide is. It's gonna be a fun ride!

chadbaaronson
10-29-10, 08:19 PM
If your athletic enough use the rear tire , or open the window . Bedslide is the best thing you can put in . Welcome to the Forums ! Now starts the fun of one of the most accessorized vehicles . Bluetooth ,second battery, leds, locpics, heated and cooled cup holders , subs and many others :bling:

Wait wait wait just a second. . . did you just say heated and cooled cup holders??? I neeeeed to have that. Can you point me in the right direction??

Oh, and congrats on your new truck pompousass! Good luck with it!!

Big Windy Ext
10-29-10, 09:13 PM
I found them on e-bay . They are in Platinum Escalades . Type 2008 & 2009 platinum heated and cooled cup holders in search for some good info . $600 or so new not so much on e-bay or the scrap yard

chadbaaronson
10-30-10, 08:27 AM
Thanks big windy . . . by the way, my wife is pissed at YOU! Spending more money on my lade now bwwwaaahahahahaha

Big Windy Ext
10-30-10, 09:02 AM
Your welcome ! And what makes you think my gal is all smiles when last week I was looking at power running boards , one of the only options I don't have , Oh almost forgot the block heater :histeric:

vfjdesign
10-30-10, 09:58 AM

Good luck with it.

Alien, can you recommend a good bedslide, I am looking for one now and don't like what I am seeing, I still want the anti-slip and maybe sectioned off (kinda like the 3 panels?) Thanks

chadbaaronson
10-30-10, 11:20 AM
Your welcome ! And what makes you think my gal is all smiles when last week I was looking at power running boards , one of the only options I don't have , Oh almost forgot the block heater :histeric:

Power running boards are next on my list . . . Oh man am I going to be in trouble. :sneaky:

cadmanchris
10-30-10, 03:42 PM
And Bluetooth. Best upgrade ever. I have like 3 of the cup holders and no time to put it in...

chadbaaronson
10-30-10, 04:48 PM
Oh yes, can't forget bluetooth . . . by far the best option. That's my #1 fav!

Urutu
11-05-10, 07:46 AM
And Bluetooth. Best upgrade ever. I have like 3 of the cup holders and no time to put it in...

You'll forget about them for a while:)

login
11-06-10, 07:17 PM
Congrats on your new purchase. I know the feeling as I just invested in the same truck. Man do I love it. The wife has literally taken it over and I am now drive my Grand Caravan minivan.

I would recommend a few things to take a look at. First I would repack the bearing is the belt tensioner pulleys.

Check the power steering pump / reservoir and lines for corrosion as there is an corrosion issue with them. Also, my transmission cooling lines were corroded under the engine and started to leak. Dealership had the nerve to say it was sweating (red sweat).

They shipped down the lines, I installed. They also say they are sending me a check for the manufactured pump / reservoir. I removed all the lines and cleaned the rust off and epoxy primed them and painted them.

Also, I drip less oil-sprayed the entire truck. There is already a layer of protection on from the factory but some had peeled off in places. I recommend dropping the spare tire and inspecting that area. It is such a cavity for corrosive material to build up and the hour of scraping and blowing out the 3 years of build up left quite a pile of debris on the driveway.

I ended up having to use my mig welter to cut the wire holding the tire up as the tire hoist had never been used and had internal corrosion. Picked one up on Ebay for $30.

Hope I helped and enjoy your beautiful new ride