: Tend Your Tires

EChas3
10-28-10, 10:28 PM
Yep! It's that time again.

For every 10 degrees (5 for you 'C' folks) the temperature drops, you lose 1 psi. If you're fussy like me, it's time to 'play with' tire pressures, again. Those of you not enjoying the recent drop in temperature, your time may be coming soon... Boo!

I like to run 28 in back and 29 in front (Yeah, they wear a bit but it sure feels good!) YMMV

End of PSA.

drewsdeville
10-28-10, 10:37 PM
Coincidentally, I just checked mine since I got the tires swapped between my Eldo and Deville before I sold it. Don't want the new people getting them nice Michelins I just put on that car, that'd just be too nice of me. I'm sure they are happy with those old cracked and worn ones :)

Filled exactly at the pressures on the door sticker.

EcSTSatic
10-28-10, 10:41 PM
Or you can fill them with nitrogen and not worry about temp swings

EChas3
10-28-10, 11:53 PM
Or you can fill them with nitrogen and not worry about temp swings

Nitrogen expands and contracts with temperature just like air (of which it is 80%). Race teams use N because it is dry and eliminates the effect of water vapor in pressure gain with temperature. If you discount the value of N keeping your TPMS at optimum (maybe so) it is a just waste of effort and money in a road car and its tires.

Check 'em. Pay $20 for a N 'top off' if it pleases you. But your tires are your connection with the road. Care for them... and yourself.