: 2010 sts ''luxury'' - need opinion on price -thanx

SHOWGIRL
10-27-10, 08:34 PM
Hi .. what do you think of this deal.....2010 STS 'luxury' trim, no other options i.e. luxury collection pkg or level 11 pkg - just the "luxury trim (middle of line) ...going to see it...here's what was written about it:
.."" The original MSRP on this vehicle was $52,675. It has 10,455 miles on it. would let it go for $35,988 plus tax & tag. On a new 2010 STS with all the incentives that are available the maximum discounts are in the $9-$10,000 range.."
Any advices would be greatly appreciated.
thanks so much !!

EChas3
10-27-10, 09:26 PM
My wife bought her 2007 1SE (a Hertz car with Nav & around 10,000 miles) in 2008 for 1/2 MSRP. The market is up now but I think that price is high even if the dealer includes CPO. What options does it have? Nav?

Where's Warren? He is the resident pricing expert.

SHOWGIRL
10-29-10, 07:21 PM
My wife bought her 2007 1SE (a Hertz car with Nav & around 10,000 miles) in 2008 for 1/2 MSRP. The market is up now but I think that price is high even if the dealer includes CPO. What options does it have? Nav?

Where's Warren? He is the resident pricing expert.-
-------------------------
thanks for the reply ... i didn't go 'see' the car but i think it does have NAV... considering dealers are offering 10k off a 'new' STS 2010 you're right about this titled/used one is 'high' ...thanks again!

turnne
10-29-10, 07:36 PM

Where's Warren? He is the resident pricing expert.

You don't know this pricing as well?!!

well allow me to offer you my babied pristine white diamond 05 1SG AWD with a $67,200 original sticker and 2 years or 30K miles bumper to bumper warranty left on it for the LOW fire sale price of $22K:yup:

On a serious note...that price the dealer quoted is high

would you pay that Echase?
But.. you love these cars and want to drive them forever..so the fact that you don't mind replacing parts that are more expensive than the cars is worth..etc..etc means that you are a GO on that Cadillac dealer deal ..right?
Who cares if you over pay?...its American and its only money and you can use it up and be "green"

can I again introduce you to my white diamond beauty? :yup:
The last of a genre. I am taking offers and I am certain the bidding will be off the charts...what do you think?

Warren

SHOWGIRL
10-31-10, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the infor on the 'used' '10 with 8K ...
On a 'new' '10 what is a 'fair' reduction off MFg (or invoice) before T.T.T. ...
i posted this a.m. asking if owners of STS are happy with their choice over other models ... I know you take a big 'hit' on a 'new' but if you can get a good reduction would you favor that 'new' route vs. used ? (even if it comes with a CPO?) ... THANKS again for your help - :suspense:

KRSTS
10-31-10, 12:23 PM
CPO warranty is 6 years, 100K miles bumper to bumper from in service date. New warranty is 4 years, 50K miles bumper to bumper. If you can find a pristine GM program car that was put in service less than a year ago with a CPO at the right price, its a better deal IMHO. That's what I did with my 08 and so far the dealer has repaired/replaced everything under warranty including a battery and some weather stripping that was a little worn around the driver's door. Couldn't get him to bite on the rag OEM Michelins, however. I understand there are a few more exclusions to the later CPO but still a good deal.:bouncy: