: Key Fob

Mark58
10-27-10, 06:20 PM
What am I doing wrong?
bought a new key fob from dealer and had it programmed. Original fob unlocks doors, locks doors,opens trunk, remote starts the car moves the seats set for driver #1.
New fob does everything but does NOT MOVE THE seats at all???
dealer told me twice there is nothing wrong with it!!!
Any Ideas?
Thanks

Mark58
10-28-10, 10:55 AM
What am I doing wrong?
bought a new key fob from dealer and had it programmed. Original fob unlocks doors, locks doors,opens trunk, remote starts the car moves the seats set for driver #1.
New fob does everything but does NOT MOVE THE seats at all???
dealer told me twice there is nothing wrong with it!!!
Any Ideas?
Thanks

Found the answers on this site.
First set the seats, Steering wheel (jf power telescoping) Rear view mirrors to desired position. On your door press # 1 or #2 to save in memory. Now follow the instructions I found on the site.

Use the following steps to program your remote:

1. Press the vehicle information button until press (a check mark) to relearn Remote Key Displays 

2. Press the set/reset button until "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" displays

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for apprx. 15 seconds. A chime will sound indication that the remote has been programmed.

4. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3. This vehicle can have a max of 8 remotes programmed. 

5. To exit program mode turn key off and remove the key.

6. Test remote
Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/185425-key-fob-programming.html?ktrack=kcplink

Superjim
10-28-10, 02:35 PM
Found the answers on this site.
First set the seats, Steering wheel (jf power telescoping) Rear view mirrors to desired position. On your door press # 1 or #2 to save in memory. Now follow the instructions I found on the site.

Use the following steps to program your remote:

1. Press the vehicle information button until press (a check mark) to relearn Remote Key Displays 

2. Press the set/reset button until "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" displays

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for apprx. 15 seconds. A chime will sound indication that the remote has been programmed.

4. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3. This vehicle can have a max of 8 remotes programmed. 

5. To exit program mode turn key off and remove the key.

6. Test remote
Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/185425-key-fob-programming.html?ktrack=kcplink

I assume that worked for you.
Good info.
Thank you.

Jim

Mark58
10-28-10, 04:38 PM
I assume that worked for you.
Good info.
Thank you.

Jim

Yep,,works great and it took all but 2 minutes.LOL