: Dealer installing new headlight on Wed.

ESCALADE132
10-27-10, 04:04 PM
The dealer is going to replace my drivers side headlight next wed. Should I take out my LED DRL's and parking lights? The housing comes alone right, a new HID headlight bulb won't come with it will it? I was thinking it might since the price for the headlight is almost $1000. Does anyone know?

hcvone
10-27-10, 06:09 PM
The dealer is going to replace my drivers side headlight next wed. Should I take out my LED DRL's and parking lights? The housing comes alone right, a new HID headlight bulb won't come with it will it? I was thinking it might since the price for the headlight is almost $1000. Does anyone know?

Take your bulbs out if you want them because the new fixture will have the bulbs in it, had one replaced in 07' beause the dealership scratched one, and I watched them install it and was surprised to see it had all bulbs in it

ESCALADE132
10-27-10, 09:13 PM
hcvone so I will get a new HID bulb also? Do you think they will be differant colors since it will be new? Should I take out the LED bulbs in the passenger side. Once I get the new headlight installed I plan on putting the LED bulbs (DRL and parking light) or do you think I should leave the new factory bulbs in and leave the new headlight alone? Is the wiring all new to or just the lights? Will they replace the passenger side to to make it match and look new like the driver or probably not?+
Thanks

ESCALADE132
10-27-10, 09:15 PM
one more thing hvcone did they give you the old headlight or no because it was warranty work and have to turn it in or can you ask to keep the old one?
Thanks again you know alot about Escalades as I can see

RippyPartsDept
10-27-10, 09:24 PM
warranty it will have to be kept... if they're nice they might let you have it back after gm decides that they don't want it back
but there's no way they'll let you take it right then. they have to hold it in case gm asks for it back.

and to confirm it will come with new bulbs, so take out any bulbs you want to keep... sounds like you'll want to swap them back into the new light after you get the car back

hcvone
10-28-10, 08:43 AM
one more thing hvcone did they give you the old headlight or no because it was warranty work and have to turn it in or can you ask to keep the old one?
Thanks again you know alot about Escalades as I can see

No it was a warranty replacement so they kept the light. I do get to pick thru parts that GM does not want back, but I am usually too late for the good stuff