: New tires

bizzob223
10-27-10, 01:10 PM
I have an 06 Platinum ESV and I need new tires badly before winter. I thought I had settled on a set of yokohama Parada Spex X tires but I just realized they are a V rated tire. Am I gonna hate the ride of these compared to maybe a Bridgestone Dueler H/L H or S rated tire?

I am now completely confused on what to buy. I live in lower Michigan and wanted a good all season tire which wont break the bank and on tire rack the yoko's got great reviews.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bob

Gale Hawkins
10-27-10, 01:26 PM
Why not buy the speed rated tire you desire then?

bizzob223
10-27-10, 01:32 PM
Well I really want the yokohama spex x tires but in the 275/55-20 tire they only come in a V rating.

Gale Hawkins
10-27-10, 10:22 PM
That is bad because V's do cost more. I love our Cooper Discoverer CTS tires but not sure if they come that tall but the dealer had them in stock for our 2003 Escalade.

mjwills
10-28-10, 11:09 AM
I have same car in SE MI also. I put Michelin LTX on mine and could not be happier. The Goodyears were junk and I had a great experience with Michelin on my Denali. Traction and wear is great.

JohnS1
10-28-10, 11:43 AM
I know you didn't ask about Michelins, but I second the recommendation for LTX's. I just put 20" LTX's on my ESV a few months ago, and I've had them on Land Rovers. They're a great tire.