: I think I might have found my Escalade. Help!

japerez01
10-27-10, 09:13 AM
Ive been searching for an Escalade since the beginning of the year. I finally came across one that I am interested in. Here are the details:

2007 Cadillac Escalade. Ext Color: Black Raven. Int Color: Ebony. Miles: 70,440. Price: $29,899.00.

Heres the link to the dealers ad: http://www.dealerfront.net/ncs_pi_dip/ncs_x_i_d.php?dealerid=PARAM&stknum=7284

Please let me know if you guys think thats a fair price of the Escalade. If not what should I offer them. Thanks guys! Hope to have an Escalade this coming weekend.

sims1dh
10-27-10, 01:12 PM
I just bought an 07 2 days ago and the price seems in line with what I was seeing. I'm not sure what the prices are like where you are though.

japerez01
10-27-10, 01:29 PM
Im in Southern California. I live about 60 miles nort of Los Angeles, and this is one of the cheaper ones I have come across. Im just a little worried about the mileage...I know that its an Escalade, but it'll be my first American car. I currently drive an X5, and need something larger. I really love the body style of the Escalade.

So 29,899 for 70k miles sounds right? These cars sure dont depreciate much. Thats a good thing. Do u think theres room for negotiating on the price, or is the current price fair?

K9Caddy
10-27-10, 01:50 PM
In this state of economy, there is always room for negotiation. Start low, somewhere around 27k should do it...

japerez01
10-27-10, 01:53 PM
Wow 27k, I really like the sound of that...I know thats just a starting point, but a good one I think. Thanks guys. Hopefully I have an Escalade in my driveway before the end of the weekend!

K9Caddy
10-27-10, 02:11 PM
Point out every flaw you can find and don't act like you want it real bad. i.e. Wheel rash, brakes, tires, scratches, etc... Check out www.KBB.com for different price points, you can start at their low point.

japerez01
10-27-10, 02:32 PM
Yeah I was planning on going pretending like I dont want it real bad.

So I looked up KBB:
Trade in: 31k
Private party: 34k
Suggested retail value: 37k

So should I just shut up, and pay 29k...lol. I dont know kind of more confused now.

K9Caddy
10-27-10, 02:42 PM
There is a low price and high price, depending on condition, check out the prices and decide where you believe the vehicle falls into position. Point out all the flaws and maybe even have your favorite mechanic check it out too. Looks like they are asking a good price for it. In all honesty, I never pay full asking price for anything, unless it was a really good 'FIRM' price from a private party. The dealer has it marked for some room of negotiation.

japerez01
10-27-10, 02:48 PM
Sounds good to me.

I think 27k will be a good starting point, I'm sure that they wont let it for that much, but maybe somewhere in between 27k and 30k. Wish me luck. I really like the truck. Hopefully I can find a list of things to point out...cant really tell in the pics. I wish it did have 20+ inch rims though.

vfjdesign
10-27-10, 04:53 PM
I agree with 27 as starting point, however I would gladly pay their asking price if they would throw in a good warranty, these things cost us a lot, but the dealers get them for less than half and it would take away the mileage issue.--ALSO take it on a test drive on the interstate, make sure wind noise has been fixed (driver door)
GOOD LUCK and it looks like a nice one!

japerez01
10-27-10, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the advice! Will definately have to take it on the fwy...Ive been reading on some of the issues before buying.

So 29,899 with warranty included in the deal would be a good deal? Im gonna shoot for that, of course less would always be nice.

sims1dh
10-27-10, 06:42 PM
I think 30k with a warranty would be good. I don't think that most dealers get these trucks for half price though. Most have about 5k of over all room, sometimes even less. These trucks are very hot right now. They go for a good ticket even at the dealer auction. I have seen them online smashed up still selling in the 20k range. A lot of people have been waiting for this exact time to buy them. Think about this a lot a people that can afford to buy them use could of never bought one new. I personally could make the payment but it would of been way past my comfort level to buy one new.

vfjdesign
10-27-10, 11:22 PM
I think 30k with a warranty would be good. I don't think that most dealers get these trucks for half price though. Most have about 5k of over all room, sometimes even less. These trucks are very hot right now. They go for a good ticket even at the dealer auction. I have seen them online smashed up still selling in the 20k range. A lot of people have been waiting for this exact time to buy them. Think about this a lot a people that can afford to buy them use could of never bought one new. I personally could make the payment but it would of been way past my comfort level to buy one new.

I never meant the vehicle was 1/2 I said the warranty. I
Have a friend that is a dealer and in some cases they make
Even more on the warranties. Depends on type coverage etc

DTEK01
10-27-10, 11:39 PM
In San Diego I just picked up a 2007 with all options as well but with the 22" wheels for $29,500 came with a no deductable 12mo/12k warranty. I was hoping I got a good price. I have been looking for over 6 months. Deals are out there but go quick. I had 4 other people ready to buy this one once they dropped the price from $34k. I think the one you ae working on is good.

I would try and get details on the accident reported on the carfax first. I was a body tech for over 12 years and it makes a huge difference where it was repaired. It looks like it is cleaner than mine was. Mine needed a detail since the place I bought it from could not figure out how to clean a car. Still need a color sand and buff. Amazing how a 60k + truck has an orange peel paint job.

japerez01
10-28-10, 09:17 AM
I would try and get details on the accident reported on the carfax first. I was a body tech for over 12 years and it makes a huge difference where it was repaired. It looks like it is cleaner than mine was. Mine needed a detail since the place I bought it from could not figure out how to clean a car. Still need a color sand and buff. Amazing how a 60k + truck has an orange peel paint job.

I dont have an account with CarFax, and didnt know about the accident. Anything else showing in carfax that I should be aware of?

japerez01
10-28-10, 09:29 AM
LOL...I just saw the Link that they have to Carfax in the ad. Nevermind the whole question above.

sims1dh
10-28-10, 06:19 PM
I dont have an account with CarFax, and didnt know about the accident. Anything else showing in carfax that I should be aware of?

Most definitely do a carfax. You can do it online you just need the vin number, its about 15.00. I was about to buy one truck and when I looked it up on carfax it had been in a bad crash.

vfjdesign
10-29-10, 01:14 PM

Get me the VIN i have an account with carfax and will run it for you, ALSO the person selling it should have one.--NEVERMIND MY ACCOUNT EXPIRED--SORRY