: Is the Ash Tray suppose to have a little light for it?

BlackRavenDTS
10-27-10, 09:59 AM
In my Cadillac DTS im not sure if there is suppose to be a little light inside to light it up so i can see in it at night.

Can some one confirm this?

If there is a light.... where is it?

Superjim
10-27-10, 10:34 AM
In my Cadillac DTS im not sure if there is suppose to be a little light inside to light it up so i can see in it at night.

Can some one confirm this?

If there is a light.... where is it?

Nine does "NOT" have a light.

Jim

BlackRavenDTS
10-27-10, 11:11 AM
seems like an Oversight... would have been nice to have.

Superjim
10-27-10, 11:23 AM
seems like an Oversight... would have been nice to have.

Agreed...my older Cadillacs had lights in the ash trays.

Jim

BlackRavenDTS
10-27-10, 12:36 PM
Yeah my mothers 1998 Eldorado has a light in the ashtray. oh well.:hmm:

tedcmiller
10-29-10, 01:08 AM
There is, theoretically, no ash tray in new cars (my 2009 CTS-V does not have one). Along with that there is no cigarette lighter - just a 12 V power point that accepts the same plug-in that the older cigarette lighters did. The absence of an ash tray is an attempt to stop people from smoking, which is, of course, bad for you.

BlackRavenDTS
10-29-10, 07:58 AM
I noticed my car still has an ash tray. It even has a Grove for the cigg to fit in.

I personally do not smoke and never will.

I just wanted a light so i can see my MP3 player when i throw it in there while driving.

Superjim
10-29-10, 08:50 AM
Actually, my 2006 "DID" have a cigarette lighter in the front "SO CALLED" ashtray.
But the "ASHTRAY" is plastic, so you couldn't actually "USE IT" for an ashtray, even if you wanted to. :)
The rear "ASHTRAYS" in the armrests of the doors are also plastic and only had a little plastic plug stuck in "LIGHTER" holes.

My actual lighter is in the center console and my radar detector is plugged into the power point.

I don't know if it is still available or not, but there used to be a "SMOKERS KIT" that contained a real metal ashtray and a lighter to replace the plastic one that came standard.

Jim

BlackRavenDTS
10-29-10, 09:54 PM
I would still like to have a light in my.....um.... "Stuff Tray" lol