: I need a nav disk for a 2006 ESV

fishcrazy
10-26-10, 06:21 PM
Did not get one when purchased the vehicle and dont know the GM Part Number that I need to have for this vehicle. I have found several on ebay but just dont know which one is right. Anyone care to share the number thatt htey know will work on this 2006 ESV? I sure would appreciate the help.

Tx_Lee
10-26-10, 06:48 PM
part number - 20855830

http://www.gmnavdisc.com/disc-search.asp?lang=en&make=CAD&model=ESCA&year=2006

Old Guy
10-26-10, 09:33 PM
thats for a new one, what is the original year numbered one?

fishcrazy
10-27-10, 08:18 AM
Or the one that is an upgrade for the original as well. There should be several that woould work for a 2006. It is info that should be available from the GMnav site in my opinion. There have to be some 06 owners out there that have a working disk that has a number on it that they could post. We should make a sticky and everyone could post their year and numbers to it.

fishcrazy
10-27-10, 08:34 AM
From looking around on EBAY about 33 come up for a search for the disk of that year. Some of those are for 07 models and I know from speaking to someone at gmnav.com that the 07 year will not work in the 06 year due to some difference in the units. I THINK(but not sure) one of the numbers for the 03-06 years that works is GM # 15792651. Got that off EBAY but you buy it on EBAY and you own it. Most say they will not take it back if it doesnt work. I know some that publish on Ebay what models their numbered disk works in are not correct.

RippyPartsDept
10-27-10, 09:36 AM
you'll have to call the navdisc center to confirm that the part number you're seeing on ebay will work in your vehicle

there's really no other way to tell what disc part numbers fit what vehicle

it would be nice if there was some other chart you could look the part numbers up on, but there just isn't
you'll have to contact the navdisc center

http://gmnavdisc.com
1-877-NAV-DISC

fishcrazy
10-27-10, 10:02 AM
Thanks for that info. I talked to someone there the other day to check the number on a disk from EBAY and the very helpful lady there said that the disk would not work in my model year as stated on EBAY. It just seems an easy thing that should be available. They do seem to be very helpful at that number most of the time. I had one guy there that was telling me that I needed to take the unit out of my dash and put the disk in the back one time. I dont know what he was smoking. Anyway the idea here is to get owners of the years to post the GM part numbers that works in their model year currently for everyone to benefit from. After all it is the Escalade forum. Lets help each other out.

hamkan
10-27-10, 10:05 PM
Thanks for that info. I talked to someone there the other day to check the number on a disk from EBAY and the very helpful lady there said that the disk would not work in my model year as stated on EBAY. It just seems an easy thing that should be available. They do seem to be very helpful at that number most of the time. I had one guy there that was telling me that I needed to take the unit out of my dash and put the disk in the back one time. I dont know what he was smoking. Anyway the idea here is to get owners of the years to post the GM part numbers that works in their model year currently for everyone to benefit from. After all it is the Escalade forum. Lets help each other out.I think the original disk would be a version 5 or something older, if it's the same as the 2004 one. I was looking into updating mine (2004 ESV) and found the following

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2004-2005-2006-Escalade-Navigation-DVD-Version-5-0-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb0e532d2QQitemZ20053 6306386QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

And for update
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2004-2005-2006-Escalade-Denali-Navigation-DVD-7-3-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa5a686ebQQitemZ32060 6734059QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

The 2nd one updated my maps and stuff. If you are interested in getting these PM me.

Old Guy
10-27-10, 11:03 PM
I am with ya, it would be nice if there was a chart or something to go by on this matter... I would be more than happy to just have the actual 2005 disc that goes with my nav unit. The only number I can find is the updated disc. Please as requested, if someone here has the actual nav disc, not the updated one, that came with your 2004 and/or 2005 Escy then look at it and post the numbers on it so we have something to start with.

fishcrazy
10-28-10, 08:00 AM
hamkan thanks for the link. That guy seems to know what disk number fits which vehicle. He gives a list with each one detailing the model and years it works with. Most dont offer that info. His feedback is 100% positive also. Thanks again!

hamkan
10-28-10, 10:58 AM
I am with ya, it would be nice if there was a chart or something to go by on this matter... I would be more than happy to just have the actual 2005 disc that goes with my nav unit. The only number I can find is the updated disc. Please as requested, if someone here has the actual nav disc, not the updated one, that came with your 2004 and/or 2005 Escy then look at it and post the numbers on it so we have something to start with.

I'll post the part # for my original disk for 2004 ESV later today

hamkan
10-28-10, 11:00 AM
hamkan thanks for the link. That guy seems to know what disk number fits which vehicle. He gives a list with each one detailing the model and years it works with. Most dont offer that info. His feedback is 100% positive also. Thanks again!

Glad it worked for you, once you figure out which one(s) you need, if you want you can contact me for cheaper copy and not pay full price like me

CaddyEscalade
10-28-10, 08:10 PM
Glad it worked for you, once you figure out which one(s) you need, if you want you can contact me for cheaper copy and not pay full price like me

Just a heads up...Be careful the moderator here is real touchy about this subject... I personally think that the cost of the GM Nav disc upgrade is unreasonable, especially the price you pay for this factory upgrade.

hamkan
10-28-10, 08:16 PM
Just a heads up...Be careful the moderator here is real touchy about this subject... I personally think that the cost of the GM Nav disc upgrade is unreasonable, especially the price you pay for this factory upgrade.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll keep that in mind. Although my intention is not sell anything in the first place trying to help only :bouncy:

CaddyEscalade
10-28-10, 08:24 PM
Here is the discs I have confirmed to work and used with my 2006 Caddy over the past few years.

15792651 (2005) Original Disc that came with truck.
25847541 (2008)
25956245 (2009)
20855830 (2010)

Rolex
10-28-10, 10:14 PM

Please divulge how you're helping people find cheaper copies of GM nav discs. :yup:

I'm not sensitive about the issue. I just report people illegally exchanging copyrighted discs to the FBI's cyber crime site, and recommend their access to this site be removed.

Please familiarize yourself with the Net Act. There are stiff penalties for illegally copying and exchanging discs guys. As long as you don't discuss illegal activity here, including copying and exchanging torrent nav discs, we're right as rain.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Selling pirated software is a crime:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/levy2rls.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NET_Act

The NET Act makes it illegal to reproduce or distribute copyrighted works, such as software programs and musical recordings, even if the defendant acts without a commercial purpose or for private financial gain.

"The term 'financial gain' includes receipt, or expectation of receipt, of anything of value, including the receipt of other copyrighted works.'.
Read more at

hamkan
10-29-10, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the info, point noted :canttalk:

fishcrazy
10-29-10, 05:25 PM
CaddyEscalade I appreciate the information on the part numbers. Now I have some choices of disk that I know will work. Thanks for taking the time to post them. Im sure others will be glad to see this info as well.

Old Guy
10-30-10, 01:20 AM
well I am sure that one of the local guys selling the discs on ebay here in the DFW area is probly the same ass who goes around at the auctions stealing them and the owners manuals out of vehicles before they run through the lane. The dealership that sent mine to the auction said that the owners manual and NAV discs were in the glove compartment and of course when I first found mine at the auction both were already gone and thats was 4 weeks before I finally got my hands on it. Freakin thieves...

RippyPartsDept
10-30-10, 11:38 AM
we get lots of cars from auctions that way too

bizzob223
10-30-10, 06:56 PM
I was in a brand new 2011 DTS from a rental company and the car had less than 5k miles on it and someone had already stolen the NAV disc. Kinda sad and the guy and the rental shop didn't care one bit.

Bob

RippyPartsDept
10-30-10, 07:58 PM
rental company's fault... they should check those types of things just like they check for damages
and if it's missing they've got your info to charge you for it

Rolex
10-31-10, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info, point noted :canttalk:

Thanks for understanding that this isn't a personal thing, nor a forum rule. It's the law.

chadbaaronson
10-31-10, 01:56 PM
Is it ok to sell a oem disk? Just copies are a no-no?

I upgraded to a 2010 version, and I have a oem 2006 disk. . . I was going to post it on here for sale if that is ok?

Rolex
11-01-10, 10:25 AM
Feel free to post your OEM disc in the classified section. It's free of charge. :)

The only thing that's illegal is copying a copyrighted disc, then sharing that copy with other people. You can legally copy the original disc so you have a back up to keep, you just can't give or sell that disc to anyone else.

nathanjax
11-01-10, 11:39 AM
I was in a brand new 2011 DTS from a rental company and the car had less than 5k miles on it and someone had already stolen the NAV disc. Kinda sad and the guy and the rental shop didn't care one bit.

Bob

I let someone take my truck for a test drive (I'm selling it) and a few days later I went to use my Navi and the disc was gone. tried calling their number, and they never answer...

:(

RippyPartsDept
11-01-10, 01:01 PM
I let someone take my truck for a test drive (I'm selling it) and a few days later I went to use my Navi and the disc was gone. tried calling their number, and they never answer...:(

Now THAT is pretty devious!

chadbaaronson
11-02-10, 09:32 AM
Feel free to post your OEM disc in the classified section. It's free of charge. :)

The only thing that's illegal is copying a copyrighted disc, then sharing that copy with other people. You can legally copy the original disc so you have a back up to keep, you just can't give or sell that disc to anyone else.

Thanks for the clarification Rolex. . . I will be posting it in the classified section.