: Help!!

LukeD
10-25-10, 04:43 PM
I have a 2004 Rumble Bee that I have dumped some money into but I think its time that I upgrade to an escalade!

Im hung up on which version to get... The ext or the regular escalade...

Also how much is an appropriate price for a sexy escalade like these...

BTW im looking at 2007 and newer.

SouthernCaddy
10-25-10, 07:15 PM
Did you mean ESV? because the EXT is not the same as a escalade. I would go with the ESV, love mine and it rides and looks so good!!!

LukeD
10-25-10, 09:36 PM
I thought they had...

The escalade normal suv the big one esv and the truck version ext....

Im leaning towards the ext. It looks more sporty and has a bed just incase i need to haul home a tv or something.. Probably never going to use it but thats not a major thing i need basically which one looks better...

I have to buy used because i can not afford a new one not even close....

I wanna sell my current truck and get a caddy truck i can use not worry about miles and actually have a warranty. My truck is far from having a warranty with the work i did to it...

2007caddy
10-25-10, 09:54 PM
All depends on how deep your pockets are will determine the year, the ESV has more cargo space than the Escalade but both share the same seating capacity (depends on the interior structure you like) the EXT you has less cabin space....so that's the interior space decision, I own the Escalade but find all three models very similar sitting in the drivers seat....2007 was the inaugural year of the new shape with minimal issues to report....the vehicle exterior has not changed throughout the years to discuss (minor i.e automatic step bar), but new years have lost some small elements like the rain sense wipers...the 09 came with bluetooth and the following years with USB i believe along with the better suspension.....bluetooth and USB can be a mod on the older years as you will read on threads on this forum....basically you will be happy with your decision on either choice, try to look for a vehicle within warranty (minimum 12 months of your normal driving) and purchase and extended extended warranty.

....happy shopping....BTW: I own an 07 bought in 2008 and it's the best truck/SUV I had ever owned...

andre_outlaw
10-25-10, 11:35 PM
I thought they had...

The escalade normal suv the big one esv and the truck version ext....

Im leaning towards the ext. It looks more sporty and has a bed just incase i need to haul home a tv or something.. Probably never going to use it but thats not a major thing i need basically which one looks better...

I have to buy used because i can not afford a new one not even close....

I wanna sell my current truck and get a caddy truck i can use not worry about miles and actually have a warranty. My truck is far from having a warranty with the work i did to it...

What i tell everybody... just because you can buy it does not mean you can afford it.... look into the trucks past and make sure it's good, parts are premium on these things.. my friend here in Canada just blew a rear shock and it was $700 for one air ride shock plus labour.

find one with warranty besides the powertrain... gives you some time to work out the bugs.

vfjdesign
10-26-10, 11:08 AM
I am on my 2nd EXT and absolutely love them!!!! (first was totaled in head on collision) I can't tell you which one to buy, just go for what you like, I think the EXT is nicer looking but I do miss a 3rd row seat from time to time. USED is the way to go, I found a 2008 in January with only 9,000 miles on it and only 8 months of warranty used up. 25k less than new.

LukeD
10-26-10, 08:52 PM
Is 40k miles too many??

I cant find any with less miles without the price being ridiculous....

Is 40k miles with a warranty a good deal for 40k? Im hoping to talk them down to like 35 and work with my trade and everything. I do have some cash to throw at the table which might make them more interested i think.

So basically this post is.

Do you think 40k miles for 40k asking price hopefully down to 35k or lower??
With a warranty its at a caddy dealer so i can get a better warranty easier cause the truck im lookin at comes certified GM certified or something like that.

HELP!

LukeD
10-27-10, 09:49 AM
Help please! I wanna go soon and try and get my sick new sled!! haha :thumbsup:

sims1dh
10-27-10, 02:39 PM
I just bought the ext 2 days ago. I looked high and low and couldn't find one with good miles for under 33k. I chose mine do to it being fully loaded. It has 53k on it and I paid 33k before tax and war. The total at the end of the day was 37k with a 4yr bumper to bumper. I dropped 2k in cash and got another 2k on my trade after they paid it off. If you are getting a loan I would focus on a pacific price. I would try to get the best truck for what I can afford. These trucks are fast sellers where I'm at, so any that I found that where priced lower than adv, all had bad carfax.

vfjdesign
10-27-10, 05:09 PM
Is 40k miles too many??

I cant find any with less miles without the price being ridiculous....

Is 40k miles with a warranty a good deal for 40k? Im hoping to talk them down to like 35 and work with my trade and everything. I do have some cash to throw at the table which might make them more interested i think.

So basically this post is.

Do you think 40k miles for 40k asking price hopefully down to 35k or lower??
With a warranty its at a caddy dealer so i can get a better warranty easier cause the truck im lookin at comes certified GM certified or something like that.

HELP!

A certified warranty is always good!!! What year was the one that was 40k miles and $40k? -- options? Look at trade in value on KBB that is really what you can buy for or less if good timing etc. For my 08 ultra luxury premium. (no power boards or rear seat Ent.) only things missing with 9k miles in January I paid 44k balance of factory warr. (I paid a small premium for low miles and was in a hurry)

LukeD
10-27-10, 09:50 PM
The one i was talking about was a 2007 didnt get to really look at it yet. Im going very soon. Is that too many miles? How many miles does the warranty and stuff last ill be getting the warranty and the extended warranty when the time comes so Im covered.

Is this the right truck to buy?? How long does a warranty last? I need some information so im not hit with a ton of bricks between liking the truck and all this warranty and price talk I want to be on the top of my game.

vfjdesign
10-27-10, 11:12 PM
The price seems a little high for an 07 with 40k miles I would say more
In the 35-37 range and u can check out extended warranties
Online see how much before u go. Miles are not too high
Price is IMO. Also really depends on options

LukeD
10-28-10, 12:18 AM
I was figuring since they are askin 40 i could get em down to 35 and start talking about trade cash i have and payment. But it looks nice. I only glanced at it. Im going to be going as i said in the next couple days. Itll be nice to have a truck i can drive in the rain and put more than one other person in. My truck in the rain is a roller coaster. I put too much power on it haha. Anyways back on target. If the price of the truck is 35 is that too high? Also warranties how much do they cost?? Cause i remember hearing the salesmen say that i can get the truck and ride the warranty it has on it. Factory warranty i think it has. And then when that runs out i just grab an extended. No i do not plan any modifications for the truck that will void warranty. Just if i feel its necessary. Tinting the windows more and put tinting the taillights.

The truck is black n black inside looks very nice but havw to go back and check it out more and more in depth. Im not dumping the money ive been saving into a truck thats been beat. But if all goes well and the truck is in good shape is 35k good idea to where both the dealer will come down to and is a good price for me??

LukeD
10-29-10, 02:03 AM
Im going tomorrow!! Help me please!!

vfjdesign
10-29-10, 12:33 PM
Im going tomorrow!! Help me please!!
35 sounds pretty good to me if it has a fair # of options, even 37 if in good shape and good tires etc. I posted this on another thread but test drive on interstate to make sure the wind noise (from driver door) has been fixed.--It all comes down to options and condition...If the dealer will throw in a good warranty that is worth at least a couple thousand to you. Let us know how you do.

LukeD
10-30-10, 09:44 AM
What is the sound im looking for exactly? In the door? Where?? Also how do they fix it. And what if i dont hear it on my test drive and i do end up getting the truck and i notice it later can warranty cover it?

vfjdesign
10-30-10, 09:54 AM
What is the sound im looking for exactly? In the door? Where?? Also how do they fix it. And what if i dont hear it on my test drive and i do end up getting the truck and i notice it later can warranty cover it?

It is wind noise coming from the driver door (top part) it is a door realignment and yes it should be covered under warranty but I am not 100% sure on that due to the miles. I am having a very difficult time getting the dealer to fix mine and it is under warranty. So it would be very nice for you if it was already done. Believe me, you will notice it with radio off, it sounds like window is down a little.

LukeD
10-30-10, 10:50 AM
I know what your talking about now. My dads ram 1500 has it sometimes when you go fast enough. I GO NUTS when it happens!! Okay im going today to look at it talked to the salesmen and everything. Im going to drive a Cadillac today!! hahahaha

LukeD
10-30-10, 04:44 PM
Ok. The EXT drives like no other car ive ever driven... Smooth and nice but looking that the exterior.... The hood has little chips in it the sides have little scratches and i realize that a car is going to have scratches but these are SCRATCHES! Like you can see them from like 6 feet away scratches. The tailgate has big chunks out of it... Its in rough condition... Is it worth pursuing a truck like that? If so what price can i get it for.... 40k miles rough condition i would say....

andre_outlaw
10-30-10, 10:14 PM
only you would know what you are willing to pay for it... we have no clue on the condition except for what you writing here... bottom line is the dealer is only going to go so far.. make him a stupid offer and see if he bites then you will see where your standing. asking somebody here to hold your hand while you shop arround is not the way i would do things.

LukeD
10-31-10, 12:37 AM
I understand but i was thinking someone could give me a ball park. Can i send someone pics to the damage. I took a couple pictures to send to my friend who knows people who might beable to get this truck back where its supposed to be. The interior is flawless. I mean awesome! But the hood has little chips all over it so does the grill which i plan on getting a new grill anyway but still... The tailgate has little chunks off the top of it and the door where the edge is has paint missing. Again if i could show you pics you could better understand what im trying to explain

vfjdesign
11-01-10, 02:17 PM
LukeD,
I am not a body shop expert, but I have had a lot of cars worked on in my time.
I would be happy to look at pics and let you know what I think.
vfjdesign@comcast.net