: Lowering springs question..

OH WOW
10-25-10, 04:19 PM
Just dropped my car this weekend. I installed D3's lowering spring. The car looks 10 times better then before but here's the question, its been two days now and I just notice today that before I come to a complete stop I there's a loud squeaking coming from the front suspension.. for those that have lowered your STS's is that normal? will the noise just stop eventually? car still rides smooth.:confused:

Lifer
10-26-10, 09:46 AM
When you mess with the intended engineering and balance, such as springs and tire sizes, you must accept paying the price of less stability and some weird noises, not to mention the ride going bad. Looks good, but drives like a Nash station wagon...

EChas3
10-26-10, 11:04 AM
A good chassis shop can work wonders.

OH WOW
10-26-10, 07:33 PM
When you mess with the intended engineering and balance, such as springs and tire sizes, you must accept paying the price of less stability and some weird noises, not to mention the ride going bad. Looks good, but drives like a Nash station wagon...

Maybe your ride drives like a "Nash Station Wagon" granpa? because i notice no difference but a smooth ride..

BY THE WAY GRANPA! I WASENT ASKING FOR YOUR OPINION ON WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I MESS WITH SUSPENSION AND WHEELS, I WAS LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER FROM SOME ONE WHO HAS DONE THIS...SO IF YOU HAVE NO ANSWER THEN ITS BEST IF YOU SAY NOTHING AT ALL...

polarbear05
10-27-10, 12:58 PM
I lowered mine using D3's lowering springs too a couple of months ago but mine didn't squeak or nothing it was a lil stiff for the first couple of weeks but now it feels as smooth as when it was stock.. U can try to lube it up or something like that that's the only thing I can think of right now..

EChas3
10-27-10, 08:46 PM
There's an old trick for finding noises but it depends upon reproducing the noise while the car is standing still. In this case you'd also need an assistant to push down on the car to 'work' the suspension.

Get a length of garden hose and get as near to the source of the sqeek as you can. Place one end of the hose to an ear and the other end close to eaach rubber bushing as your assistant reproduces the noise. Once you identify the bushing, use some spray lubricant to attack the sqeek.

Does this have potential?

550HP STSV
11-03-10, 01:44 PM
I installed the drop springs, and have the same exact "squeek" as you from the front brakes. You can even make the squeek longer and louder (only happens when coming to a complete stop) by very gently applying brake pressure before you come to a complete stop. No clue what it is, car is away for the winter, but its on my list for next spring.

AllGoNShow
11-07-10, 01:52 AM
Sounds like you guys might have some crap that may have fallen into your brake pads/hubs when the suspension was removed, now its between brake pads causing a noise. Suspension drop shouldnt make a squeeking noise on you.

OH WOW
11-07-10, 01:25 AM
Yeah it's weird..but the squeak is get getting lighter as the days go by..I can bearly hear it now

AllGoNShow
11-07-10, 01:29 AM
Probably the rubber spring mount got moved a little or the springs are seating, little bit of lube might speed the process up :) Let us know how it goes, hopefully they didn't dissasmble all the arms and maybe not reassemble preloaded??