: STS Software upgrade disc

STE_6000
10-25-10, 10:37 AM
Having issues with the Cadillac dealer here in Baltimore, Maryland. I went to get the software upgrade on the car, and they ended up taking out the display screen all together. They wrote it up as the screen being broken before they even touched it, but they can't back up why it took almost 2 hours to hold the car in the bays to find out the screen was out. Now they want to charge me 2500 bucks to fix it. Thing is, sometimes the screen will pop up asking for the software disc, but they refuse to look at it any more. Does anyone know where the software update disc can be received from, or who else may have them to use?

Midnight
10-25-10, 01:21 PM
Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. I'm in Baltimore too, which dealer did you bring it to, so I know not to go there?

As far as the software disc, supposedly dealers can order them for free, but you have to have a dealer that knows what they are doing, which sounds like somewhere not where your car is.. :( I know there is a TSB for it though. Look here maybe: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/112284-question-software-update.html

STE_6000
10-25-10, 03:33 PM
Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. I'm in Baltimore too, which dealer did you bring it to, so I know not to go there?

As far as the software disc, supposedly dealers can order them for free, but you have to have a dealer that knows what they are doing, which sounds like somewhere not where your car is.. :( I know there is a TSB for it though. Look here maybe: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/112284-question-software-update.html

it was at frankel chesapeake cadillac. they did basic work to my car good when i needed it, but something some what major, like a software update. should of been easy, but instead took out my nav screen all together. they gave me some numbers of local places that might be able to fix it without needing to get a new unit.

STE_6000
11-01-10, 05:14 PM
bumping this to see if anyone might have a cd or where to get one locally in maryland.

Midnight
11-01-10, 05:22 PM
I believe you also need a Tech-II to do the update, in addition to the CD, so don't just buy a CD if you find one (which is doubtful since they seem pretty well controlled).

That being said, I'm also in search of the same thing, in the same area. I'll ask around at a couple shops I've used before for other cars. Anyone else in MD/DC/PA that can recommend a good place that can do this?

STE_6000
11-10-10, 06:05 PM
Well I sent my radio in to Caton Radio in catonville turns out they use to do radio work for cadillac dealers in baltimore. they stop going to them because they decided to only replace radios that broke and not fix them. how nice huh? well i hope it works out for me.

EChas3
11-10-10, 10:55 PM
For a dealer, it's good business to run a Nav/radio issue though depot maintenance. An owner's outstandning service experience is usually a one day affair.

STE_6000
11-11-10, 04:24 PM
well lets say the cadillac dealer in towson maryland doesnt know to much about customer experience when they break something then write it up that it was broken to begin with but for 2500 bucks they can get it replaced.

EChas3
11-11-10, 10:59 PM
About 2 months ago, I got the center stack wood trim surround replaced because of a crack I had never seen before. The dealer had just replaced the ashtray for typical issues and I really was sure that the crack by the right vent was new. I'm pretty AR about my STS; I would have seen it before (like the others in the LL corner).

I gotta give credit to Crest in Brookfield WI. I spoke honestly to them (without accusation) and they asked the tech out to speak with me and asked him, "Could it have cracked when you worked on it?"

An honest man, the tech said, "They are pretty strong but it could have." He also added that the new ashtray woodgrain didn't match. My service writer frowned but his only comment was, "We will take care of it."

They probably got it covered under my CPO but the fact remains; they treated me as fairly as anyone could expect. (It's ironic that by the time I stopped back in for new trim, the replacement ashtray had failed, too!) I'm on number 3.