: 2006 escalade with 2007+ bumber and grill conversion

68topls
10-24-10, 02:34 AM
I did a search of the forum and noticed that this has been previously talked about but there was not a straight answer. I have a 2006 escalade esv. I like the look of the lights and grill of the 07+ escalades and was looking to do a conversion. However, in previous post it looks like you can't do the conversion because you would need fenders, hood grill lights, etc plus it would require fabrication. Is this still the case? Any way to get just the updated head lights and grill? Thanks in advance.

nathanjax
10-24-10, 07:54 AM
However, in previous post it looks like you can't do the conversion because you would need fenders, hood grill lights, etc plus it would require fabrication. Is this still the case? Any way to get just the updated head lights and grill? Thanks in advance.

Yes that's still the case. There is a person who just did the grill, but had to cut off each side to get it to fit between our headlights. There are companies that sell kits to do it, but you are talking about fenders, hood, bumper and lights.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/189969-07-style-grill-02-a.html

luxurylife33
10-24-10, 01:44 PM
To do the entire front end you will have to do alot of custom fabrication on the fenders. You can buy a fiberglass kit but im pretty sure that needs fab on the fenders too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-ESCALADE-07-08-09-10-CONVERSION-FRONT-BOLT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aEscaladeQQhashZite m5195b88eebQQitemZ350404251371QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5f TruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Definition
10-24-10, 10:21 PM
It can be done, been done PLENTY of trucks... It's not out of this world hard... I've seen it done on 88+ chevy trucks I got plenty of pictures of older trucks with 07+ front end.

I was thinking of doing it on my 05 ESV already, have all the parts ready but I'm just going to do it on a 07+ Silverado Crew Cab...

That red Silverado is an 89 with a 07+ tahoe front end..

I like the look of the front end on a Silverado better so I'm going that route, or should I do it to my ESV?????????

Anyways a shop in Cali does the install for $2800 no parts included... I thought it was pretty reasonable considering the big difference...

Looks better with the 07 fenders, the two tone white/orange and green escalades are using factory 02-06 hood and grill... and does not look as good