: Raising Bumper??

TheCaddyKidd
10-23-10, 09:05 PM
I was on another forum and read about a member who took their bumper off and made some modification by either drilling or adding washers or somethign to that nature and in turn it raised the bumper up a litle bit.. just wondering if anyone has done this or attempted this.. i was in the parking lot at work today and noticed that the bumper seems to hang a little low.. like there is a 1 or 2 inch gap between the bottom of the headlight/fender and the bumper.. just thinking of trying to raise it up to clean up the look a bit.. figured I would ask to see if anyone has tried it..

nathanjax
10-23-10, 10:44 PM
I have tried it, but know a lot of people on other forums who have...

There are 3 brackets/bolts that need to be adjusted:

1) moving the bracket up on top of the frame was as simple as adding washers.

2) for the bolt that's just to the inside and bottom of the frame, it required cutting the lower bumper mounting bracket the width of the frame to allow it to move up. then putting the bumper bracket on top of the frame bracket, switching the retaining nut to the frame bracket, and adding in some washers. (note, you don't need as many washers here because you've switched the mounting plates around)

3) the brackets on the corners of the bumper had to be slid up, clamped, re-drilled, and bolted back together.

if you don't adjust the corner brackets, your bumper ends up being tilted up, and looks stupid.

More info here...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197505&highlight=tight+lines

Ghost Deany
10-25-10, 12:37 PM
anyone have a picture of the finished result on the escalade