: How do you use the USB in the '10 Escalade?

smaddox
10-23-10, 06:03 PM
I wanted to connect my phone and listen to mp3, but mine doesnt have the mp3 input (3.5mm jack), but i do have the USB, and the owners manual says the usb drive will play audio files like mp3 and wma. when i plug it in, it just keeps saying "connecting" and does nothing. At the dealership, a salesman put a usb stick in and it started playing automatically. I have reformatted the stick to "FAT" and "FAT32" and all the others and tried it each way, and still nothing...Is There a particular usb stick or memory card i should use? should i format the usb stick a certain way? (technically, it's a micro sd card inserted into a USB jumper. But should work as a mass storage device nonetheless)...any advice?

Alien
10-25-10, 12:57 PM
My Iphone plays music, but my Hero will not.Some people have had trouble with some usb sticks.... I've used several types with no problem, but use PMY 4 and 8 gig to switch music mostly. I also use an ipod classic with no problem...

auto123
10-30-10, 01:34 AM
I wanted to connect my phone and listen to mp3, but mine doesnt have the mp3 input (3.5mm jack), but i do have the USB, and the owners manual says the usb drive will play audio files like mp3 and wma. when i plug it in, it just keeps saying "connecting" and does nothing. At the dealership, a salesman put a usb stick in and it started playing automatically. I have reformatted the stick to "FAT" and "FAT32" and all the others and tried it each way, and still nothing...Is There a particular usb stick or memory card i should use? should i format the usb stick a certain way? (technically, it's a micro sd card inserted into a USB jumper. But should work as a mass storage device nonetheless)...any advice?

For 2010 Escalade there is a new USB port for connecting handy MP3 player to the audio system. So you can try for that....

hcvone
10-30-10, 07:42 AM
I use iPhones and iPods and it charges too, also my old iAudio mP3 player works in my 2010's