: 2011 srx4

Merseyman
10-23-10, 04:04 PM
Is it safe to run a SRX through a mechanical car wash? Also, I am a muscian and I bought the SRX for more cargo space as I am a drummer. Had a CTS before. Watch out when you lock the back seats down as the seat belt coupling will leave indentations in the back of the leather seats.

M

miked
10-24-10, 02:36 AM
I wouldn't worry about it.

GMJim
10-24-10, 09:45 AM
I use them in the winter. If you have chrome wheels, I would ask them to turn the rim wreckers (rotating wire wheel brush) off

Merseyman
10-24-10, 10:15 PM
Ty!

M

RippyPartsDept
10-24-10, 10:54 PM
oh the horror!
j/k
i would only use the 'touchless' ones though
but that's just me... i always wash in our detail bays at work - once in a while rinse off at home

algiorda
10-25-10, 12:17 AM
I remove the OnStar antenna before I drive through. Also, make sure you do a moulding check during the drying phase. I had one piece by the side view mirror fly off during the blow-dry phase!!!

I'm also a musician / Drummer and I lay a blanket down before i put my equipment in just to make sure I don't mark up the carpet and the plastic sides.

Enjoy the X!

sube5186
10-25-10, 02:23 PM
I had one piece by the side view mirror fly off during the blow-dry phase!!!

Was that the infamous "chrome strip" that everybody's losing, or some other piece.

Sube

RippyPartsDept
10-25-10, 06:31 PM
the name for that part is so long and non descriptive that you're better off just saying the 'triangle shaped part in front of the mirror with the chrome pieces that fall off'
everyone knows what they are you might be able to get buy with saying what you just said

infamous "chrome strip" that everybody's losing

PJ1520
10-26-10, 11:34 AM
..................I'm also a musician / Drummer and I lay a blanket down before i put my equipment in just to make sure I don't mark up the carpet and the plastic sides.

Enjoy the X!

The same is true for child seats.......they can leave dents in the leather too. I always have a beach towel at the ready and don't let others put the car seats in. They don't care. I do.