Cadillac Owners Forum banner

FOB made me late to work.

797 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rzambrano 
#1 ·
So this morning, as per my usual routine, I stopped to pump gas. When I turned off the push start button lit up in red which it had never done before. Right away I was alarmed but continued to pump gas. As I walk back to the car to leave, the door didn't open up. I proceeded to pull out the FOB and manually push the button. No success. I pulled out my key, and it doesn't turn in the lock cylinder. I waited about 10 minutes and pushed the FOB again and it worked. I rushed home and got my Tahoe out and was late about 25 minutes.

Is this a dead FOB battery? I already went to swap it out at my local Caddy dealer but cant test until later.

#2 ·
I think you activated the security system. Usually a Fob manual Lock & Unlock clears it. I could easily be wrong.

The STS electronics are quite complicated and a car is far from an ideal environment for complicated electronics. There are some cars that are worse but as technology improves, ever more cars have better.

If the trouble persists, start with the Fob battery (cheap) or try your other Fob for a while. The next usual suspect is the car battery.

#3 ·
So it seems as if it was the battery. I tried it last night at has worked fine since, I already bought another FOB off of eBay just to be on the safe side. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.