: Saw the Caddy Coupe today...

Sandy
10-21-10, 03:57 PM
I went to look at the new Caddy Coupe, based on the CTS. It's very nice. Actually it's pretty fantastic. Until one gets to the window sticker. The one on the floor was 1 of only 2 in stock, and the MSRLP was$72,000.
Now, If I left that $72,000 in the bank, I would get $1,080.00 mailed to me, monthly. No brainer, there. $72,000 for a car no bigger than a 1985 Dodge Dart.
IF I was going to dump $72,000 on something for others to bang their doors into (and dent) at the local food market, it would be a Jaguar. $55,000 is Cadillac money. $72,000 is Jag money. Sorry~

orconn
10-21-10, 04:52 PM
Hey, Sandy, please let me know where I can put $72,000. and have it yield $1,080.00/month in interest alone?

drewsdeville
10-21-10, 05:12 PM
^^^ lol

Lord Cadillac
10-22-10, 12:35 AM
Sandy that HAD to be the CTS-V Coupe... That's why it was so expensive... The regular CTS Coupe starts at $38k.

Playdrv4me
10-22-10, 01:08 AM
There's no way that wasn't a CTS-V.

johnmayer
10-22-10, 01:26 AM
Oh that's so expensive.The car starts at 38k and this coupe is so costly.

Vinsanity
10-22-10, 04:08 AM
I agree the new Jags are sexy, but I also think $72k is reasonable for a well-built, sharp-looking luxury car with 556 hp :spin:

Aron9000
10-22-10, 11:15 PM
Hey, Sandy, please let me know where I can put $72,000. and have it yield $1,080.00/month in interest alone?

Hell yeah. I have a savings account(use it to store rainy day money so I won't spend it) and I think it yeilds less than 1% interest or something retarded like that.

As for the CTS coupe, still haven't seen one in person so I'll reserve judgement until then. From the photos the car has way too big of a fat ass ghetto booty thing going on.

RippyPartsDept
10-22-10, 11:44 PM
maybe it was this one
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/208419-2011-flat-black-cts-coupe.html

(there's another thread somewhere that i can't find now that has their prices for all the addons handwritten on a blank window sticker)

Sandy
10-23-10, 07:20 PM
Sorry, I meant "a Year" not "a month.....

Yrs the car on the floor was a "V" and had the Recaro seating & 2 other items. Too expensive, way way too expensive. I'd bet my Town Car has
*More Room
* Smoother Ride
* Bigger trunk
* Smoother Ride
* is more comfortible
* better on MPG

The CTS Cope is nice, absolutley, but way way way overpriced
Look for heacvy discounts + $$$ back from Mother Caddy at model year's end. when 60% of CTS Coupe inventory is still on dealer's lots.

Stingroo
10-23-10, 07:39 PM
The V is a 556hp sports sedan. Of course it has a rougher ride and smaller trunk than your Town Car. They're two totally different machines with two totally different audiences. I'd be willing to bet that there aren't many V coupes waiting on lots at model year's end.

Aron9000
10-23-10, 07:44 PM
You do realize that you were looking at a CTS-V $72,000 is actually a steal for that car, a BMW M5, M6, or Benz AMG E63 is in the $90-100k price range. The CTS-V is a 556hp, autobahn tested, cruise missile of a car competing in a very niche market of ultra-performance luxury.

Also comparing the CTS to a Town Car is pretty damn lame, nobody is ever going to cross shop the two, especially now that you can't even buy a new Town Car. If you don't want a 556hp CTS-V, they sell the regular coupe in the 40-55k price range.

orconn
10-23-10, 08:10 PM
I have yet to see a CTS coupe in person, and should probably reserve my thoughts until I have seen one. But from what I see in the photos of the car it looks chunky .... and not chunky "good" but junky like a short teenage girl whose legs are too short, ankles too thick, her butt is too big and who God did not bless with a pretty face. One of those girls we used to say "but she's got a great peronality!"

After the initial spurt of "I've gotta have one first" peters out, I think Sandy is right on the money .... they will be languishing on the dealer's lots till the rebates and incentives are big enough to overcome the buyer inertia of those few who don't care about the package their performance comes in!

Playdrv4me
10-23-10, 08:31 PM
I have yet to see a CTS coupe in person, and should probably reserve my thoughts until I have seen one. But from what I see in the photos of the car it looks chunky .... and not chunky "good" but junky like a short teenage girl whose legs are too short, ankles too thick, her butt is too big and who God did not bless with a pretty face. One of those girls we used to say "but she's got a great peronality!"

After the initial spurt of "I've gotta have one first" peters out, I think Sandy is right on the money .... they will be languishing on the dealer's lots till the rebates and incentives are big enough to overcome the buyer inertia of those few who don't care about the package their performance comes in!

Cadillac is never going to be able to win if we lambaste them for NOT stepping out and trying new things, and then kick them when they do. Honestly, you are correct about the coupe to an extent, and Jesda has pretty much your exact same thoughts. But its like I told him last night... Just be glad they even did it.

I don't foresee too many V's... Coupe or Sedan, will be sitting around any dealer lot all that long, they aren't even produced in large numbers. The REGULAR coupes may be a different story.

All I'm saying is cut them a little slack for trying.

Lady3bglover
10-23-10, 08:50 PM
I'm going to the Houston Mark of Excellence 10/24/10, http://www.markofexcellencetestdrive.com/?cid=tyeml, to test drive a few of the coupes and looking forward to the V-series.

orconn
10-24-10, 12:06 AM
Cadillac is never going to be able to win if we lambaste them for NOT stepping out and trying new things, and then kick them when they do. Honestly, you are correct about the coupe to an extent, and Jesda has pretty much your exact same thoughts. But its like I told him last night... Just be glad they even did it.

I don't foresee too many V's... Coupe or Sedan, will be sitting around any dealer lot all that long, they aren't even produced in large numbers. The REGULAR coupes may be a different story.

All I'm saying is cut them a little slack for trying.

Yeah, and I quess I should cut BMW some slack for their "Bangle Butt" years, and never mention Pontiacs adventure into the design Badlands with the Aztec!

I will praise Cadillac to the highest degree when they bring something to market that really turns me on, or at least motivates me to choose their product over the competitions'. But when they bring out a car design that will fail, IMO, as soon as the blush of the "new" wears off, then I feel compelled to say so.

RippyPartsDept
10-24-10, 12:22 AM
But when they bring out a car design that will fail, IMO, as soon as the blush of the "new" wears off, then I feel compelled to say so.
let's not get too far ahead of ourselves... time will tell if the new design is full of fail... there's no way to say with certainty right now
i'm hopeful that it will be a success so that the designers can try something even bolder next time

Aron9000
10-24-10, 12:38 AM
The coupe market is very fickle. Its all about the latest design, the newest fashion. Hopefully GM has learned its lessons from the past and doesn't let the same product sit unchanged FOREVER like they did with the 4th gen fbody, Eldorado, Monte Carlo, Sunfire, etc.

77CDV
10-24-10, 03:40 PM
I've seen a couple CTS coupes wandering around the LA area. They're OK.

Lady3bglover
10-24-10, 05:38 PM
Ok, today I had the oppty to attend the Houston GM Mark of Excellence which enabled the general public to test drive GM's 2011 line up. Each driver was required to drive a base model vehicle of which I chose the Denali 1500hd gas & diesel trucks. Both were very responsive and balanced trucks, I was very impressed with the lack of lean while turning on both.

Then it was over to the "House of Performance". I drove the Camaro SS (man), Camaro V6 (man), CTS V Coupe, and the hallowed Z06 (man).

If any of you have the oppty to partake in this event, I highly suggest you do it. There were no pushy sales people, just GM appointed techs, and professional drivers to accompany you on the performance test drive.

Lisa

orconn
10-24-10, 05:46 PM
^^^ Sounds great, Lisa, but what were your impressions of the cars?

Lady3bglover
10-24-10, 06:25 PM
^^^ Sounds great, Lisa, but what were your impressions of the cars?

Camaro SS(man). This car has gumption. More aggressive than I anticipated. With the 2011 line the HUD display is part of the package. I've heard rumors that the Z28 maybe making it's way back to the line-up, we'll just have to wait and see. As for the V6 Camaro(man), I have to admit I was a little hesitant just for the fact that I thought the Hp would be minimal, and I was wrong. For a V6 this car was responsive, and handled well.

The Caddy's. I drove the CTS V coupe, and what's there too say but flawless. Class, elegance, and performance rolled up in this pretty package. I'm not much into the fluffy stuff, i.e. wood grain dash.. yada yada yada, but what grabbed my attention on the interior was the steering wheel, it was cloth covered, very smart. The best of both worlds in the hot or cold. On the drive I was pretty aggressive, IMO. This was a tight course, and this baby handled beautifully. The tail end didn't swing out at all, stayed right with the turn. I've taken driving courses before and knowing how to drive a vehicle like the CTS V actually allows me to use what I've learned. I highly suggest that if ANYONE buys a performance vehicle to please sign up for a performance class, it gives the experience a whole new meaning. I'm sorry that I didn't drive the CTS Coupe, but I'm sure that I would have been impressed as well.

Then there's the Z06(man). First, if you have a problem getting in and out of low vehicles, this is not the one for you. Put aside the vanity tag. The Z06 offered both a competitive and luxury drive option with the push of a button. When I started the drive I was in luxury mode, and I'm like wow, this is nice. Then the professional hit the competitive mode, OMG what a beast. I didn't have to get out of 2nd the whole ride, it was that strong. Again, if you plan on making a purchase of a performance vehicle, take a performance driving course.

Anything else?

Playdrv4me
10-24-10, 07:15 PM
BMW had something sort of like this last year during Breast Cancer awareness season. You went to the dealership, put your name down and got to drive pretty much whichever model you wanted to, without any sales people involved. Unfortunately the performance models were NOT part of their repertoire BUT you WERE able to drive the car alone through a pre-planned course in the city.

Lady3bglover
10-24-10, 07:32 PM
I think that too is a great oppty for BMW. Me personally, I'm focusing on GM. They have the engines I am familiar with, and in most cases I don't have to go to the stealership for repairs. If I see something weak, I replace it with stronger. One of the reasons why I'm leaning towards the CTS Coupe, b/c for future applications a turbo can be added.

Playdrv4me
10-24-10, 07:47 PM
I think that too is a great oppty for BMW. Me personally, I'm focusing on GM. They have the engines I am familiar with, and in most cases I don't have to go to the stealership for repairs. If I see something weak, I replace it with stronger. One of the reasons why I'm leaning towards the CTS Coupe, b/c for future applications a turbo can be added.

It will definitely be interesting to hear your impression if you get to drive a coupe of any flavor, be sure to take a camera!

Lady3bglover
10-24-10, 08:01 PM
It will definitely be interesting to hear your impression if you get to drive a coupe of any flavor, be sure to take a camera!

But I have driven a coupe, if you'd consider the Camaro SS(man) a coupe. I had also driven the V6 Camaro(man) and I was impressed. I imagined the Hp wasn't going to be there, and I was completely wrong. V6 Camaro or CTS Coupe are the same block. One just has a little more fluff thank the other. Both handle well, and I recommend either as a great daily driver.

As far as the camera, I did have one with me, but I really didn't take a lot of pics. YOU as the driver have to have you're own experience. Just Google GM Mark of Excellence, and see when the tour is making it your way.

RippyPartsDept
10-24-10, 08:35 PM
i think he meant a CTS coupe (either V or regular)

Playdrv4me
10-24-10, 10:56 PM
Yep, what Rippy said. Doesn't matter if it is a V or a base model, always good to hear opinions on the new stuff.

Eslocklier
10-25-10, 03:33 PM
Like is said above, had to be a "V". I think these cars look amazing. I'd kill for one. Ok maybe not quite....but maybe....but not really...haha.