: Would you spend more to purchase E0 E free gas or would you rather spend less and

ThumperPup
10-21-10, 08:53 PM
ok figured it start a poll curiuse to see what youd do
would you save money
or would you spend a few cents more per gallons
if every gastation offers E free and E10 gas but E0 E Free cost say 5 or 10 cents a gallon more lets say its 2.67 a gallon for E10 gasses
and 2.74 a gallon for E0 E free fuel wich would you get

ThumperPup
10-21-10, 08:55 PM
I know that i would pay more for the Ethonal Free Fuel

Jesda
10-21-10, 08:57 PM
I like having a choice. If I want to support ADM and Cargill (lol, I never do), I'll fill E10, but I think the pump should have an option for ethanol-free gas for certain applications.

Eric Kahn
10-21-10, 09:03 PM
only reason that E 10 cost less than normal gas is the Gov. subsidies on ethanol, which would cost at least $4.oo a gallon without them, so I would take the plain stuff and tell our broke gov. to quit subsidizing ethanol production

RippyPartsDept
10-21-10, 09:08 PM
:yeah:

Stingroo
10-21-10, 09:10 PM
Indeed. Eric wins.

mdscad
10-21-10, 09:17 PM
No question. I'd pay more.

ThumperPup
10-21-10, 10:26 PM
only reason that E 10 cost less than normal gas is the Gov. subsidies on ethanol, which would cost at least $4.oo a gallon without them, so I would take the plain stuff and tell our broke gov. to quit subsidizing ethanol production

I agree you know me and my dad has this convo today and we both agree ones O is out of office things might get back on track and we can go back to E0 he thinks

drewsdeville
10-21-10, 10:29 PM
I voted for whatevers closest. That's the same policy I follow now as well.

I don't believe in shopping for gas at all. Something so simple shouldn't take so much effort, time, or thought. No matter how much I analyze it, I still need to put gas in my tank. It's probably better I don't let something so simple intrude into my routine more than it has to.

EcSTSatic
10-22-10, 10:56 AM
Eric hit the nail on the head. The question is irrelevant.

johnny kannapo
10-22-10, 11:39 AM
E-0 already is less. The ethanol industry is a government propped up market that utilizes a false economy to exisit.

There would be no other way it could survive in a free world marketplace.

EcSTSatic
10-22-10, 11:45 AM
You are paying for it with your taxes

Jesda
10-22-10, 05:10 PM
I live next to a Shell and BP station. I pick the station that's cleaner and has better service and a nicer selection of products inside.

The maintenance of the station and the pumps have an impact on how much potential gunk is pumped into your car.

Sevillian273
10-22-10, 05:22 PM
The maintenance of the station and the pumps have an impact on how much potential gunk is pumped into your car.

Agreed.

The only Ethanol free gas that I know of down here is at a BP station. Only 90 octane is available and I think it was close to $4 a gallon. The place is run by a short tempered lesbian woman with a goatee.

RippyPartsDept
10-22-10, 06:35 PM
I live next to a Shell and BP station. I pick the station that's cleaner and has better service and a nicer selection of products inside.

let me guess then ... you go to the shell station, right?
i rarely see a shell station that doesn't look nice and new (around here at least)

Night Wolf
10-23-10, 12:55 AM
I look for e-free gas. I was going to a Mobil clear across town because it was e-free but have since found a local Texaco. I noticed it was the same, if not cheaper too.

Ethanol free is worth seeking. I run it in my vehicles and small engines. Seasonal items with engines and small engines... or any engine that isn't normally ran often really benefit from it.

Jesda
10-23-10, 05:17 AM
let me guess then ... you go to the shell station, right?
i rarely see a shell station that doesn't look nice and new (around here at least)

Bingo

Or if I happen to be at Costco, I top off there since its a brand new pump with the cheapest premium in town.

Playdrv4me
10-23-10, 05:21 AM
E-free for sure... In the end you're getting more combustion for your dollar with the E-free stuff.

Submariner409
10-23-10, 11:34 AM
Remember that Ethanol replaced MTBE as the oxygenator in fuels in areas mandated by the EPA (or in areas which voluntarily opted in) to reduce fuel use emissions.

You need to Google the EPA and fuel refiners' sites to find out what the EPA regulations are in your area - if the EPA has said "Reduce emissions, Baltimore" than ALL fuels in the regulated area are E10. You don't have a choice. If your area is not on the EPA list, the stations are at liberty to sell whatever they please/want/make a profit on. Ethanol is blended into each tank truck as it loads, so fuel depots in non-regulated areas can easily sell non-blended fuel(s). It gets a little trickier at the fringes of an emissions area because the simple economics of trucking two different fuels outweighs the choice to sell one or the other.

While I personally have nothing against ethanol as an oxygenator, I dislike the government pork spending to the Corn Belt in order to buy congressional votes. Ethanol is not the killer of engines or power robber that myth makes it out to be. Matter of fact, anyone who has been granted a driver's license within the last 7 years has absolutely no basis for comparison as MTBE was the nationwide oxygenator of choice then.

Yard/farm/logging engines and infrequent use ??? A little fuel stabilizer and you'll never know the difference. Much ado about nothing.

Playdrv4me
10-23-10, 06:27 PM
There is no doubt that I have conclusively seen a mileage increase between ethanol free and ethanol enriched gasoline. Do I believe its harmful to engines? Not particularly, but I do feel that if the price were equal, I'd get more mileage, and thus more for my money out of the E Free tank. Does that mean I seek it out? No, not by any means... if I need gas I just need it and that's it. No sense trying to buck anything that overwhelmingly common.

The sulphur content in our U.S. fuels just a decade and a half ago was FAR more consequential than anything ethanol related. If anyone remembers the Nikasil fiascos of the mid-'90s you'll know exactly what I mean... also took its toll on many a Japanese fuel pump.

EChas3
10-23-10, 10:17 PM
I don't think BP is Top Tier. I know that I got a bad tank from BP before their merger with Standard Oil. I suppose that could happen anywhere but it's a first for me.

Shell is Top Tier.

Submariner409
10-24-10, 05:15 PM
..........Oooooopppppssssss

Submariner409
10-24-10, 05:22 PM
I don't think BP is Top Tier. I know that I got a bad tank from BP before their merger with Standard Oil. I suppose that could happen anywhere but it's a first for me.

Shell is Top Tier.

Nope, BP is not a Top Tier fuel - BUT it is the refiner recommended by Ford and a couple of others.............. here's one for you: BP (British Petroleum) absorbed AMOCO (AMerican Oil COmpany) a while back so what fuel are you burning when you fill up with BP ?..............and the Standard Oil logo is the OLD AMOCO design.......1889.

Jesda
10-24-10, 07:22 PM
I miss the Amoco brand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjO2zRewxI

EChas3
10-24-10, 10:16 PM
Apologies Sub. I never really got 'Amoco'. Standard and Sinclair had gas wars when I was a kid. (Like any kid, I was for the dinosaur.)

Back in the day, Sunoco was the coolest... dial an octane!