: Newb ??? What are the 3 Buttons below the climate control panel?

ducman
10-21-10, 12:26 AM
I am researching in purchasing an 08 -10 EXT and noticed that some have 3 buttons below the climate control panel and some only have 1. The one on the Left appears to be for the pedals and the middle appears to be rear window defrost but some don't have that button and I can't tell what the right button is.

TobyJohnson11
10-21-10, 01:12 AM
Pedals, Heated windshield fluid, and power running boards.....I Think.

ducman
10-21-10, 01:31 AM
What does the pedal button do and is that standard on all EXTs? Is the heated windshield washer an option and what option package does it come with? The Power Step button, I assume, is to manually lower the step (for reasons I don't know why), correct?

K9Caddy
10-21-10, 12:45 PM
The heater washer fluid button was only for vehicles only in 2007, however the option was omitted by recall. The pedal button adjusts the pedals to the correct/comfortable length of your legs. The power step button can be depressed to keep the power running boards locked into position.

brianvez512
10-21-10, 12:49 PM
The power running board button only stops them from coming down, not locking them in the down position. BTW this is stupid because when you go through a car wash the running boards do not get cleaned.

chadbaaronson
10-21-10, 01:46 PM
The power running board button only stops them from coming down, not locking them in the down position. BTW this is stupid because when you go through a car wash the running boards do not get cleaned.

THANK YOU! I am in the car wash business (www.33eastcarwash.com) and automatic running boards are a huge PITA, we always try to clean them by hand with soft brushes before it goes thru the wash by opening the door just slightly, enough to bring them to the down position. But if we don't catch it, it looks horrible when it comes out on the other side. A perfectly clean truck, with dirty running boards.

North49
10-24-10, 01:08 PM
The heater washer fluid button was only for vehicles only in 2007, however the option was omitted by recall.

I believe it was only omitted by recall in late 2010 or 2011 models. My '09 has it. Remember that the AlphaTherm module is a great option if you want to take the $100 from GM on the recall and spend $70 and 10 minutes to put it back. :)

K9Caddy
10-24-10, 03:51 PM
Interesting... For some reason I thought it stopped in 2007. Maybe it was cut off in early 2009, my later build date 2009 doesn't have it.

North49
10-27-10, 12:08 AM
Interesting... For some reason I thought it stopped in 2007. Maybe it was cut off in early 2009, my later build date 2009 doesn't have it.

Now that is probably be a good approximation of the cut off time. Mine is an early production '09 put into service in late '08.

umar_ali
11-12-10, 06:44 PM
Ok guys i didn't know what those buttons were so i pressed to find out what they did and now my running boards are not working, ( i think i have turned them off) any ideas on how to turn them back on and which button out of 3 is for the running boards? Thanks

K9Caddy
11-13-10, 01:52 AM
Yes, didn't we just explain what the buttons are for? The button on the far right is for the running boards, you press the button and it shuts them off. You press the button again, and it turns them back on. Works kinda like a light switch. (such a new concept) *heavy sarcasm involved*

umar_ali
11-13-10, 10:08 PM
Thank you all for your help. they are working.

ATyson
03-04-11, 03:13 PM
Yes, didn't we just explain what the buttons are for? The button on the far right is for the running boards, you press the button and it shuts them off. You press the button again, and it turns them back on. Works kinda like a light switch. (such a new concept) *heavy sarcasm involved*

hahahah what a moron

brentspatriots
03-04-11, 03:20 PM
THANK YOU! I am in the car wash business (www.33eastcarwash.com) and automatic running boards are a huge PITA, we always try to clean them by hand with soft brushes before it goes thru the wash by opening the door just slightly, enough to bring them to the down position. But if we don't catch it, it looks horrible when it comes out on the other side. A perfectly clean truck, with dirty running boards.

You must be washing a whole lot of cars to afford an escalade my friend...are you the owner?

Playdrv4me
03-05-11, 07:13 PM
It's not like they're all that expensive. You can blow way more on a fully loaded Camry than what we got our Escalade for. Way more to be exact, than you'd *ever* make up for during a gas spike.

MrHolland
03-08-11, 05:00 AM
hahahah what a moron

Be nice...