: FOB Question

Greg00coupe
10-20-10, 08:32 PM
I did a search and looked at the stickies but did not find this issue...........

I have a 05. About 6 months ago the FOB stopped opening the passenger door. I could hit the unlock button and it opened so I figure bad antenna passenger door.

Now on the drivers door every so often the fob won't work. I hit the unlock button and the other 3 doors unlock but not the drivers door, have to use the key.

I don't think the batteries are bad in the fob since the manual buttons work.

I've seen the instructions on how to program but did not follow thru because I did not want fob 1 to become fob 3 and did not want to do a complete erase and reprogram.

I don't think the antenna is bad on the drivers door because it works sometimes. The posts I've read on antenna failure seem to indicate it goes out 100%.

Any ideas?

Thanks

EChas3
10-21-10, 01:05 AM
Replace the Fob battery. Test. Have the car battery checked (free at Autozone, etc.) Test.

Have the door handles replaced. Fixed.

15% accuracy promised.

Greg00coupe
10-24-10, 09:39 PM
Unfortunately the 15% accuracy was the result!!! Thought why not get a new battery.......... did not work. Still have the problem. Anyone with any other ideas?

tks

EChas3
10-24-10, 10:38 PM
Sounds like the door handle. You had to try that for the 15% to apply. :)

Anyone with a better idea?

Greg00coupe
10-25-10, 01:05 PM
Yea that's where I think I am going... wonder how much that is going to cost? There is no reason what so ever that this FOB deal is better then the push button deal that has been around for years. If I could just use the buttons to open my drivers door I'd be happy. I'll never have a car again with this set up.

EChas3
10-25-10, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles but I am sold on keyless entry. When my hands are full or the weather's bad, it's great to just pull & get in. I had a rental on vacation and noticed how spoiled I have become.

It's also nice to have my (& my wife's) car always lock itself. It's more secure.