: Digital Book Readers ....What should I buy?

orconn
10-20-10, 03:44 PM
Granted, I am a Neanderthal when it comes to electronic gadgetry, with this in mind I am seeking advice from my more knowledgeable forum mates as to which make and model to buy. So far I have looked at the Kindle from Amazon and the various Sony, but I am at a loss as to what features are important to a user and if there are any that are especially easy to use (of importance to me given my limited techno abilities!).

Your imput will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I use a new H-P with Intel Celeron using Windows-7 if this makes any difference.

hueterm
10-20-10, 03:53 PM
Get the new $189 Kindle with 3G. So easy to use and you can download anywhere that has wifi or 3G GSM service. You don't even need to hook it up to a computer. Also very easy to read the screen.

Jesda
10-20-10, 04:39 PM
I liked my 3G Kindle 2 a lot. I only sold it because I use my iPad all the time. Kindle is more portable and convenient though.

hueterm
10-20-10, 06:04 PM
They have great battery life too...

dkozloski
10-20-10, 06:29 PM
Download the Barnes & Noble PC reader for free and use the computer you already have.

Jesda
10-20-10, 06:36 PM
Download the Barnes & Noble PC reader for free and use the computer you already have.

That works too, though I think Kindle has a slightly larger library.

hueterm
10-20-10, 06:50 PM
You can do the same thing with Kindle -- download Kindle for PC and buy a book online and see if you like e-reading.

I got my Kindle last week and LOVE it. It will sync w/my Android phone (or PC) so it remembers where you stopped reading if you switch from one device to another.