: Differences between 2008, 2009 and 2010 EScalade EXT

ducman
10-20-10, 01:57 PM
What are the differences between the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Escalade EXTs? From what I can tell they all have DVD Nav, heated and cooled seats, and back up cameras. It seems the only options were power side steps and the Rear Seat Entertainment and also the engine block heater.

I did notice that the 2010 Escalade EXT added Magnetic ride with the 22" wheels and tires.

Any other differences?

vfjdesign
10-20-10, 03:14 PM
What are the differences between the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Escalade EXTs? From what I can tell they all have DVD Nav, heated and cooled seats, and back up cameras. It seems the only options were power side steps and the Rear Seat Entertainment and also the engine block heater.

I did notice that the 2010 Escalade EXT added Magnetic ride with the 22" wheels and tires.

Any other differences?

I have the 2008 Ultra luxury premium so I can't speak to all the differences but you are right about the magnetic ride control (I don't have) 2010 has blue tooth and I believe the 09 & 10 allow Onstar to download directions to the nav where the 2008 does not.

MostWanted
10-20-10, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately...the 2010 EXT does not have rain sensing windshield wipers.

CadX6
10-20-10, 03:39 PM
2009's got bluetooth & Magnetic Ride Control (with 22" wheels). 2010 got USB connection for audio & lost Rain Sense wipers. Amongst other additions / subtractions.....

chadbaaronson
10-20-10, 09:49 PM
Wow . . . Why would GM remove the wiper feature?

07maralade
10-21-10, 01:43 AM

It didn't work that good for a lot of people...thats why

K9Caddy
10-21-10, 03:53 AM
No, thats not why. The feature worked great, it was a cost reduction.

ducman
10-21-10, 11:35 AM
I also noticed that they removed the embroidered Cadillac Crest from all of the headrests which were included on my 03 EXT. I thought the seats looked a little plain... Now I know why.

chadbaaronson
10-21-10, 02:48 PM
Interesting, but one would think GM would just pass the cost onto the consumer like they do with everything else.

CadX6
10-21-10, 02:54 PM
I also noticed that they removed the embroidered Cadillac Crest from all of the headrests which were included on my 03 EXT. I thought the seats looked a little plain... Now I know why.

For 2009 they also removed the (very) small square chrome "GM" logos from next to the "Escalade" name plates on the front doors. Probably saved a bundle on that one :thepan:

jpatt49
10-22-10, 03:42 PM
I am torn on the rain sensing wipers. I love them at times, but sometimes they come on with very little rain at all. Plus there is always the issue of leaving them on if you go through an auto car wash.

K9Caddy
10-22-10, 03:58 PM
There must of been a cut-off point in 2009 for when they omitted the GM square logo on the doors. My 2009 still has them.

CadX6
10-22-10, 10:23 PM
There must of been a cut-off point in 2009 for when they omitted the GM square logo on the doors. My 2009 still has them.

That's interesting. You must be right. Mine has a build date of 10/09. Picked it up from dealer's stock on 10/16/09 (must have just come off the truck).

RustyBlazerDude
12-01-10, 12:14 PM

I just picked up a 2010 last night. I absolutely love it, but I'm bummed about the lack of rain sense. I have that in my 2001 DTS and never realized how nice it was until now that it is gone.
Is there any way to add it back? If 09's had it, maybe some of the hardware is available.??

BIG LAC
12-01-10, 03:03 PM
I just picked up a 2010 last night. I absolutely love it, but I'm bummed about the lack of rain sense. I have that in my 2001 DTS and never realized how nice it was until now that it is gone.
Is there any way to add it back? If 09's had it, maybe some of the hardware is available.??

Congrats on your purchase!! I'm new to the site and purchased recently an 08 Escalade love the rainsense and all the other features the truck comes with!!

Bear
12-01-10, 07:38 PM
Congrats! Have a 2010 EXT myself. I want to know which year they dropped the tilting headrest. My understanding is they were there in 2007.

bstiffmanofsteel
12-01-10, 09:01 PM
They are in the 2007.

RustyBlazerDude
12-01-10, 09:28 PM
Congrats! Have a 2010 EXT myself. I want to know which year they dropped the tilting headrest. My understanding is they were there in 2007.

Tilting headrest would be nice too. I heard there was a tilting nav screen, but I'm not sure if that had much value. Another missing item is the telescoping steering wheel, but it does have movable pedals to make up for it. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a truck, even though it doesn't seem like one when behind the wheel.

Not that I'm too big in modifying a new truck, but what are the best mods for this? I'm thinking nav unlock should be the first thing...

Bear
12-02-10, 10:06 AM
I have a short list of mods I'm looking at myself for my EXT. Mudflaps were the first thing, those 22's kick up the dirt and rocks like crazy. I'm thinking about the headrest as well as 20" wheels. Not that the 22's look bad, just want a little more sidewall. The nav unlock is on the list. HID foglights. LED for the other front lights. Some sort of edge protector for the top of the tailgate (existed on my 2003). Better floor mats. Custom running boards (articulating).

After that I might look at LED internal lights and tails, but those a longer term.

Just takes time and a few bucks.

RustyBlazerDude
12-02-10, 02:49 PM
I agree. Floor mats, and mud flaps are mandatory. I've already ordered a lockpick, and have a quote on getting the front windows tinted to match the back. Mine came with the running boards that automatically fold up, so I'm good with that.
But I think the 22" rims on this truck are awesome. It's one of the things that really caught my eye when I first went to see it.

Surprisingly, I think it could use a little more horse power too. Crazy, you'd think 400 would be more than enough, but the truck is very heavy. I have heard that cars do tend to pick up a little after a few months of driving. I wonder if it is held back a little in software to break in the vehicle properly?
Manual shifting seems to make a difference too. I think the power band is high up in the RPM range and the auto shift points are relatively low (at least the seem low, again maybe there is some adaptive thing happening during break in period.)

Bear
12-02-10, 08:17 PM
I agree. Floor mats, and mud flaps are mandatory. I've already ordered a lockpick, and have a quote on getting the front windows tinted to match the back. Mine came with the running boards that automatically fold up, so I'm good with that.....

I have the same boards, you'll find you need to move them back an inch to inch and a half to avoid rubbing the mudflaps. It's easy to do but I've found that it does effect the lining up of the trim with the door panels. It also sticks out a little into the rear wheel well. My plan is to order a replacement set of boards to see if I can find an easy way to remove the extra length. The problem is the cost but I'd like to give it a shot. As for the floor mats, thinking of Llyod Mats. Only problem with them is they don't make a two piece rear set.

RustyBlazerDude
12-02-10, 10:27 PM
I have the same boards, you'll find you need to move them back an inch to inch and a half to avoid rubbing the mudflaps. It's easy to do but I've found that it does effect the lining up of the trim with the door panels. It also sticks out a little into the rear wheel well. My plan is to order a replacement set of boards to see if I can find an easy way to remove the extra length. The problem is the cost but I'd like to give it a shot. As for the floor mats, thinking of Llyod Mats. Only problem with them is they don't make a two piece rear set.
You have to move the articulating running boards back an inch to get the mud flaps on ?!? Did you use the factory mud flaps available from Cadillac? Or after market?

Bear
12-02-10, 10:52 PM
You have to move the articulating running boards back an inch to get the mud flaps on ?!? Did you use the factory mud flaps available from Cadillac? Or after market?

Factory, they state on the order page that they are not "compatible with the articulating running boards". The reason is that they will hit the flaps. Take a look at this thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/133002-mud-flaps-articulating-running-boards.html), has some pictures showing the problem and discusses the workaround.

RustyBlazerDude
12-02-10, 11:12 PM
Hey Bear thanks for the link. Haven't had time to go trough too much of the forum yet for the EXT.
I did however find this for adding rain sense. Has anybody tried it, or an alternative? http://www.raintracker.com/product_details/rt-50a.php#
Also, there is a guy on ebay selling the tilting headrests for $90 each. They have a button on the side to lock it in place. I like that idea since my dts tilted, but after a short while they worked there way back. I guess the button holds them in place.
I will say this though, I've been out of a truck for almost 10 years now, and damn its good to be back! Now I have only to part with my old Rusty Blazer. Any takers?