: 2002 EXT Extended Crank when hot

bodybuilderbrett
10-19-10, 10:23 PM
have a 2002 Cadillac ext that has a extended crank after being driven and sitting for a hour or 2 ,it is intermittant and seems to start fine when cold. It has been doing this for months.

Gale Hawkins
10-20-10, 02:40 AM
Have you ran a couple tanks with a 1 or 2 oz per gallon ratio of Sea Foam lately? How mile do you have on the plugs.

bodybuilderbrett
10-20-10, 03:14 AM
Im sure the plugs are original, it has 90k on it, I think they are 100k sparks plugs. I dont even know what sea foam is but I dont think any additive is going to fix this. I was hoping a cadillac technician with some experiance with this issue may have seen this before.I am a professional Master technician. So I will figure it out , was just hoping to get some insight from a cadillac tech.

Gale Hawkins
10-20-10, 11:28 AM
Im sure the plugs are original, it has 90k on it, I think they are 100k sparks plugs. I dont even know what sea foam is but I dont think any additive is going to fix this. I was hoping a cadillac technician with some experiance with this issue may have seen this before.I am a professional Master technician. So I will figure it out , was just hoping to get some insight from a cadillac tech.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-use-sea-foam-motor-treatment.html

Brett it was only 10 years ago before I learned about Sea Foam that has been in use for the past 70 years. The shop would not schedule me an appointment until I ran a tank of Sea Foam treated gas. After I did use the Sea Foam I did not need an appointment and he expected that would be the case. :)

Most all people who work on cars know about BK44 but it is not a retail item people can buy at NAPA, Wal-Mart, Autozone, etc like Sea Foam which cleans everything from the fuel tank to the cat converter. I use is as a better replacement to StaBil to keep stored gas fresh for up to two years.

Unless you have been running somethink like Shell V-Power 93 for the past 90K miles you have a lot of crud from your tank to your CAT I would expect.

Try the Sea Foam and see if decrudding your Caddy helps your MPG too.

I buy Sea Foam by the gallon because just getting all the fuel treated for winter takes nearly 2 gallons but the MH, dump truck and two diesel tractors have rather large tanks and as one should I make sure anything setting throught winter is total full of fuel to reduce water build up in the fuel tank. Sea Foam reduces the normal build up of varnish and removes old build up.

Give Sea Foam a shot and let us know what you thank after running two tanks of it.

I treated the Escalade with a heavy mixture of Sea Foam before I ever drove it off the dealer's lot after purchasing it a few weeks ago. :)