: Harbor Freight Ad leaked!

BlackHammer
10-19-10, 11:56 AM
Hey guys just noticed that the Harbor Freight black Friday ad was leaked today theres a couple deals on some jacks and then theres some surveillance equipment, I guess so you can make sure your car is always in the driveway :)

http://www.blackfridaydeal.com/sales/harborfreight-black-friday-ad/

Stingroo
10-19-10, 12:01 PM
Harbor Freight FTW!

May have to pick up a $20 drill.

Rolex
10-19-10, 12:47 PM
Buying power tools from HF....you'll get your moneys worth. :hide:

EcSTSatic
10-19-10, 01:41 PM
Buying power tools from HF....you'll get your moneys worth. :hide:

:yeah: I have tried them and failed several times. Anymore I just buy shop towels, tie wraps etc. Consumables really. Nothing I want to keep very long.

Stingroo
10-19-10, 03:22 PM
That's true, usually. I don't know, I've just been lucky I suppose. :noidea: That place rocks.

Rolex
10-19-10, 06:36 PM
Oh I agree with you, HF tools rocks. Wiring, butt connectors, socket sets, combi wrenches, work gloves, drill bits, axes, hammers, etc....all good. You can't beat their prices on stuff for sure.

But for power tools I like to buy stuff that will last. I bought a 6 piece DeWalt cordless set to use that I <3.

Stingroo
10-19-10, 07:04 PM
Well, I just got a call about two job interviews. Perhaps I'll be able to forgo that and follow in your footsteps. DeWalt makes excellent tools.

And yeah, thank goodness for HF sockets and other random hand tools. I picked up this nifty little bending ratchet and a torx socket set when my alternator decided it was a good time to die on me for less than $15 and had everything I needed. <3

Ranger
10-19-10, 10:16 PM
I have a few tools from them that are still going strong. Granted, I don't use then every day. I bought one of their variable speed buffers a few years ago and use it on 3 different cars twice a year and it is still working fine.

Aron9000
10-20-10, 01:03 AM
I was just there today and picked up a 8 piece screwdriver set, a torx screwdriver set(ultimate win if you ever need to change the headlight on a 90-92 Brougham), a grease gun, a tube of grease, and a wire wheel that goes on a drill. Total=$35.00 or so with tax:cool2:

That place is ultimate win for weird tools like pulley pullers or brake tools that you might use once every 5 years. Yeah they might be a cheap POS, but you aren't going to break them doing brake jobs on your car about once every two years.

EcSTSatic
10-20-10, 09:20 AM
I use an alternative to buying crappy tools when I only need them once or twice in a lifetime. I have bought tools like roofing guns, engine hoists, engine stands etc and sold them when I was done. When I looked at what it would cost to rent for the long times time I needed them, I was money ahead buying and reselling. This way I get reliable, safe tools to get the job(s) done. I don't have to store some POS in my garage forever either.
I will still go to HF for small, low use items, but anyone that has used a hammer for instance for any length of time will appreciate the balance and the ergo features of a quality tool.

Carvone
10-20-10, 10:02 AM
Here are some coupons for all you Harbor Freight guys, print out a bunch of the 20% off ones and stuff them in your glove box. Some of the other ones are expired already.

Stingroo
10-20-10, 11:23 AM
Ah Harbor Freight LED flashlights... I must have like 15 of those things. :lol: