: Fog Light Challenge

TColeman
10-18-10, 03:53 PM
I know GM was bad about the fog light lenses falling off and I was actually looking to purchase new TYC housings until I found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190456209698&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Anybody try these or have feedback?

nathanjax
10-18-10, 04:55 PM
Your still glue-ing them in yourself and run the risk of seeing the glue or them not sealing properly. It would be ok if your a good DIYer and don't mind trying it. It would be another good route to go if you wanted some that are smoked.

If your old lens has been out/off a while, the inside is dirty and worn as well. That could make the light look different than your other sealed foglight...

But personally, I'd spend the extra money and get a new set...

lostcontrol05
10-18-10, 06:09 PM
I didnt just replace the lens on mine but bought aftermarket fog (just like oem) and saved over gm parts they look the same and ive been running them for about a year and a half i want to say they were only like $38 each

Gale Hawkins
10-18-10, 07:13 PM
Your still glue-ing them in yourself and run the risk of seeing the glue or them not sealing properly. It would be ok if your a good DIYer and don't mind trying it. It would be another good route to go if you wanted some that are smoked.

If your old lens has been out/off a while, the inside is dirty and worn as well. That could make the light look different than your other sealed foglight...

But personally, I'd spend the extra money and get a new set...

That is what I ran into and had to order another one for the other side to give balance light and the lens was not even missing. $500 will get you a new grille and all four lights for a brand new look after years of fading and smoking up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOG-LIGHT-cadillac-ESCALADE-02-05-lamp-driving-suv-LH-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a2003Q7cMakeQ3aCadil lacQ7cModelQ3aEscaladeQQhashZitem35acaf539fQQitemZ 230530438047QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAc cessories

My came in 2-3 days and looks to be OEM quality plus it came with a new bulb too.

luxurylife33
10-18-10, 10:22 PM
one of my lenses fell off. I went with a TYC light on that side and its been fine for almost 2 years. yes, one side is currently aftermarket and one is OEM... its not noticeable.

TobyJohnson11
10-21-10, 12:14 AM
I purchased aftermarket fog lights that look just like oem and they seem to be better quality that the oem ones. I have had the aftermarket ones for about 2 years and no problems. I installed HIDs in the fogs and they look great.