: Reverse sensors don't seem to be working as well as back seat ceiling fans.

Keymaster
10-17-10, 08:44 PM
Just noticed the other day that my reverse back-up sensors haven't been working. The button to disengage them isn't active on the dash and the first red light in the back is lit (and flashes, I believe). I would think it might be a fuse, but would the red light in the back come on?

Also, the fans in the ceiling for the back-seat passengers have been working very intermittently the last few weeks. Most of the time I have them on, but it will be 20 minutes, it seems, before they finally come on. It doesn't matter if they fan is on high or low, hot or cold.

I just had a new battery put in this weekend. They told me it was definitely due to be replaced. I could tell when I would start each day that the battery was getting tired. Unfortunately, the battery didn't due anything for my two issues. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

gmercedesbenz
10-20-10, 08:08 PM
I've been having the exact same issues. My rear blower does not work at all not now at any speed. (I just posted a thread about it). My backup sensors will sometimes not work, and I will get the flashing red light. The backup sensors end up working for me after I turn off the truck and let it sit for a few minutes. No luck with the rear blower though...even after I disconnected the battery.

gmercedesbenz
10-29-10, 06:15 PM
So I got my rear blower motor issue straightened out, it might give you some more ideas on where to start. I had my dealership take a look as I needed an oil change anyway. Turns out, the tech spent a good two hours looking, and finally found it was a pin connector at the front of the truck that had been removed and clipped back in, in doing so crushing the pin that was power for the blower motor. This is why it only worked sometimes and not others, because the pin would seat funny in the socket, sometimes making a connection, other times not. I checked the blower motor myself and came up empty, so there was no way I was ever going to figure out it was a pin. The connector sits in the panel that is exposed when you open the passenger side door on the dashboard, opposite of where your fuses are on the driver side.It is a black connector, with either 6 or 8 pins, and one of the center pins is the power/control for the rear blower motor. I apologize for the vagueness, the shop was showing me this while I was attempting to get back to work. I would start by checking your blower motor and going from there.
As far as the backup sensors go, I would start by ensuring all of the sensors have a firm connection to their corresponding wire on the back of the truck. You should be able to reach up under the bumper and check. I've read that if any one of those four connectors come loose, the system will not operate.
Good Luck