: URPA Reverse Input Wiring?

cmhampto4
10-17-10, 03:14 PM
I have determined that I have a problem with the Reverse Input Wiring because the middle amber light was flashing during diagnosis. My question is, is how do I go about fixing this problem and where do I need to fix it? Reverse lights do work...

sk7
10-17-10, 07:05 PM
If you search URPA I posted a wiring diagram of the unit. Start from there to make sure all is ok.

cmhampto4
10-24-10, 12:31 PM
The wiring diagram did help out a lot and I even had my multi meter out to do the diagnosis but just to realize that I had a loose wire at the URPA module itself. This is the 3rd GM vehicle that I have owned and to say the least I am not impressed with their electronics in their vehicles. I bought an 02 s10 extreme brand new and it spent more time in the shop for electrical problems than time that I got to drive the vehicle. I also currently own a 98 Trans AM and at times it is a nightmare when it comes to the electrical system, when I first got it the gauges and stereo would just go out while driving the vehicle just to find out I had to literally push the whole fuse block back in to get everything working again. I don't want to give anybody the wrong idea, I love driving all these vehicles but I sure do hope that GM has improved on these problems.

sk7
10-24-10, 10:19 PM
I've had to work on a fair share of VW's for the last 20sum years of GM cars are so much better wiringwise! I still use dielectric grease whenever I take off a connector anywhere. Glad u figured out the problem.

Gale Hawkins
10-25-10, 11:57 AM
So far so good with the Escalade but I think most any brand that starts closing in on 10 year/100K mile marks can have some real wiring/electronics based on owning older Ford, BMW, Nissan and GM vehicles. Even the same applies to our old 265 Massey Ferguson tractor and John Deere 310B backhoe.

Having it with a new one like that S10 must to have really been a pain. I hate wiring issues on old stuff but it would be worse if it was new. :(

Few vehicles go to the junk yard because of blown engines/transmissions I expect.