: Depreciation.

Mazuk
10-17-10, 12:10 PM
Depreciation of 206 in almost 10 months.Too good to be true?

http://www.buyacar.co.uk/mybuyacar/getValuation.jhtml?CAPDataType=CAR&productDataId=20475&carDateOfRegId=102&addToQuote=false&quoteId=&productDefinitionId=&mileage=7

Oh,I did pay Motorpoint price of 14k.!! and it is a super car.

Todays bargain---

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(hcvf5walkxg4nzb33tijin45))/Search/VehicleDetails.aspx?vehicle=287716

No Sat Nav though.

ExRPO1
10-18-10, 03:27 PM
That's good news if it is an accurate marker. It does make me wonder though, just how many 'new' BLS's there are still tucked away in showrooms and other hidey holes. As far as I am aware, only 7500 odd were built, although I have been looking through the internet and allegedly, they are being built in Russia. Wonder if anyone can confirm that?

bigcul1
10-27-10, 07:45 AM
I bought my 2006 BLS for 7400 in Feb. Its now worth 5000 part ex. Have a look on ebay, there is somebody trying to sell a 2006 2.0t BLS with 13k on the clock. They want 7k for it but havent seen it get above 4k in the listing. Its been advertised since march. Not good!!

Tong
07-06-11, 11:20 AM
Hi All,

depreciation is something to be careful of but it's a fact of life .. we, especially in the UK are pre-conditioned to it ... I just got 2K for an 8 year old volvo which I paid 27k for when new.. I lived in Malaysia and the same volvo would fetch anywhere between 8 & 11k depending on condition but unfortunately there is a high import tax so its not a business opportunity!!! Anyway I lost 25k/8 =3.3k per year !!! .. now I just paid 9.5k for a BLS wagon which imho is just as good a car if not better in some respects but an equivalent age/mileage volvo would have cost me 17, 18 or even 19K (I know cos I looked hard) and depreciated at about the same rate ... I know which is the better deal by far so eat your heart out .volvo owners!!!

Part exchange is not really a guide Bigcul1 as I was only offered 500quid for the volvo in PX !! Imagine what my comment was !!!
cheers
Tong