: Front speakers

cdechiaro
10-17-10, 09:29 AM
I Have replaced the CDM on he Stero and it seams as if the front speakers do not work . The rear ones are fine does this mean the amps are NG in the front.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-19-10, 12:49 PM
im willing to bet so. fixing or replacing them is very expensive unless youre REALLY good at soldering.

I went to lkq though and bought replacement amps for $4 each. work perfect now

cdechiaro
10-19-10, 05:28 PM
thanks what is lkq

OffThaHorseCEO
10-19-10, 05:46 PM
thanks what is lkq

lkq is the name of a big do it yourself junkyard in our area.

IMO they have the best business model of any junkyard anywhere.

they have a huuuuuge inventory of vehicles, and new ones coming in every day. they take all the really high dollar things out of course, and then they put the vehicles in order by parent company

so you have a gm section, a ford section, a chrysler section, then an import section (i think theyve since sectioned off the import section as well)

You pay $2 to walk in. i assume this keeps BS'ers out and makes you almost want to buy something.

after that they have a predetermined price sheet for just about anything and its pretty cheap

motor/trans combos go for about $350 for example, doesnt matter what kind

the price list is huge and covers almost anything imaginable, but if not and its something small, theyll usually just let you walk out with it. or in my situation, they labeled it miscellaneous electronics and charged me 4 bucks each.

they run specials every once in a while, for example, half off all glass, or half off all sheetmetal, etc etc

cdechiaro
10-20-10, 09:52 AM
Thanks i will just have to remove and try changing the capacitors I have read that this is what goes wrong and it is inexpensive to repair.May take some time and patiance since my soldiring is not quite perficcient