: Touch Up Paint?

MrSplenda
10-17-10, 04:36 AM
I have a 2010 Black Ice Metallic Escalade; does Cadillac sell touch up paint for this car? Someone left a small scratch (that I notice) on my rear bumper.

hcvone
10-18-10, 09:21 AM
I have a 2010 Black Ice Metallic Escalade; does Cadillac sell touch up paint for this car? Someone left a small scratch (that I notice) on my rear bumper.

I have a few black ice Escalade's myself, the touchup is #88860803 Code 58U WA5010 the color is called black ice on the Escalade, it's called Carbon Flash Metallic thru the rest of the GM line. Follow this process for a perfect repair

Here's a fix for the chips or scratches. Take isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip and dab in
only in the rock chip a few times. Take a clean towel and dry chip. Take
a match out of a match book. Use the opposite end of the head. Dab this
in touch-up paint.(do not thin out touch-up paint) Very carefully dab a
very, very minute amount in the chip. Do not get any paint anywhere
other then the chip depression. The trick here is not to try to fix the
chip in one application. Do this every day until the paint in the chip
is even with the rest of the paint surface. If you do this correctly,
you will hardly notice that chip repair. If the chip repair area is
slightly higher than the adjacent surface, then
you can use 3M Foam Polishing Pad Glaze/Swirl Mark Remover #39009 by
hand very gently to even out the chip repair area if necessary....
Remember have patience. Don't try to touch-up the chip all at once. It's
a gradual building up of the paint, that's the trick.

leftturn
10-18-10, 10:21 AM
I have gotten paint from here and was happy with it: http://www.touchuppaintonline.com/Cadillac/Escalade They have those little bottles you can get for $10 or so to fix little scratches. Remember to only put on a little at a time, it will look much better than putting on a lot at once - I learned the hard way...

off1c3r
10-19-10, 01:45 AM
Hi.. I just searched this thread.. anyone know the gmparts code for my touch up paint ? Thundergray Color code: GLH Touch Up paint number: WA-417P

I can't seem to find the gm parts number so I can order it :(

hcvone
10-19-10, 07:30 AM
Hi.. I just searched this thread.. anyone know the gmparts code for my touch up paint ? Thundergray Color code: GLH Touch Up paint number: WA-417P

I can't seem to find the gm parts number so I can order it :(

GM WA 417P Kelava Gray is the same a Thunder Gray

MrSplenda
10-19-10, 03:57 PM
This is great information. Thank you everyone. I am going to pick those two parts up and getting looking nice again. Since it is the bumper... I will eventually get it re-painted down the road when it gets sand blasted.

off1c3r
10-21-10, 03:32 AM
GM WA 417P Kelava Gray is the same a Thunder Gray

Ok Thanks.. I needed the sku's but I happen to have the sku for the Kelava Gray (88860759), and if its the same as thunder gray, then problem solved :)