: no real bass

Pappy31525
10-16-10, 09:18 PM
2005 ESV. There just doesn't seem to be any base to our factory radio. Adjusted all the way up and no difference. Is there a separate sub and possible fuse or is this normal?:band:

nathanjax
10-16-10, 09:37 PM
2005 ESV. There just doesn't seem to be any base to our factory radio. Adjusted all the way up and no difference. Is there a separate sub and possible fuse or is this normal?:band:

As for base, no idea...

But for bass, we have a separate sub in your center console beneath the 6 disc changer and cup holders. It doesn't do a great job, but you should still be able to hear a little bit of bass from it.

;)

Rolex
10-16-10, 09:57 PM
It is a BOSE stereo. :hide:

luxurylife33
10-17-10, 02:07 PM
In my EXT, its located under the cup holders. I know its nothing like a realllll setup, but you should still feel it. Its enough to shake the mirrors if you look closely.

CEPMAN
10-18-10, 10:06 PM
it's crap. The fact that it's under the center console is enough to tell you that much. You'll need to get some subs put in.

gmercedesbenz
10-20-10, 07:11 PM
As for base, no idea...

But for bass,
;)

WIN :rofl:

PfromD
01-31-11, 11:18 AM
'08 Esc Ext -
Not an audiophile and am a new Cadillac Ext owner however, I know it has bass and I suspect I am having the same issue as Pappy31525.

Yesterday the truck had plenty of bass. Enough I had to turn it down three clicks even with every window down / out to keep it from being overly thumpy and sounding muddy.

This AM, I went to plug up my iPhone to the plug installed by previous owner and I put the radio to Aux. My phone said the plug was not compatible so I disconnected it. I started the truck and left. I do not know it is related but now I have no bass. Something else I noticed, the turn signals are silent as well. (not sure if those were coming through the speakers?)

Looking for suggestions of where to look or if I overlooked a post, send me a link please. (Bose haters need not reply, because it may not be the best setup but it was working 100% better yesterday. Rather fix it than dis it.)

Thanks in advance!

-P

PfromD
02-07-11, 10:31 AM
Next time I used the EXT, it worked fine. I suspect I had not completely shut down the EXT prior. (e.g. Take out the key, open and close the doors.) I am chalking it up to the iPhone trying to charge off the aftermarket plug installed by previous owner. I had already done some research and the first thing I was going to look at was fuse #41 ('08 Ext) which goes to the amp. Not sure why blinker clicks would be impacted though...

Good luck,
-P

mbahl
10-07-11, 11:58 AM
Hello,
I just had the same issue this morning. No Bass at all. My signal stopped making a sound as well. I tried to turn off and on the vehicle but no fix. Any Ideas?

PfromD
10-07-11, 12:33 PM
Hello,
I just had the same issue this morning. No Bass at all. My signal stopped making a sound as well. I tried to turn off and on the vehicle but no fix. Any Ideas?

Ironically mine did it again two days ago, first time since my last post. I will not bore with a lengthy explanation of my suspicion but I do believe it was again related to my iPhone being connected to the Aux port. Here is what I have noticed. I have to turn off the truck, remove the key, open and close the door for it to reset. What I do not know is if you have to let the truck turn off it's headlights, etc when you open / close the door. But I have and it always works afterward. If you want to troubleshoot, might check the Aux port on the radio and see if anything is hooked up to it. I have the most recent Lockpick and I do think since upgrading it, the frequency of the issue has been a lot less.

Good luck!
-PfromD

the cadillac man
10-07-11, 02:32 PM
it has nothing to do with the aux port or a iPod adaptor i am running a second radio through a aux in adaptor and i have had bass issues along with times with no sound it is the software in the amp so the only way to fix it is to replace it which with the bose amp as pricey as it is it is better to go aftermarket i am just waiting for the day mine just quits for good before i replace it.

PfromD
10-07-11, 02:52 PM
it has nothing to do with the aux port or a iPod adaptor i am running a second radio through a aux in adaptor and i have had bass issues along with times with no sound it is the software in the amp so the only way to fix it is to replace it which with the bose amp as pricey as it is it is better to go aftermarket i am just waiting for the day mine just quits for good before i replace it.

Perhaps different issue or series of radio but my issue is tied to what was connected to the Aux port and when you connected or disconnect it. If I connected the iPhone through the Lockpick prior to starting the truck, no bass or turn signal clicks every time. Likewise, if the truck is off and I disconnected the iPhone, same thing when I started the truck next. Truck had to be on when I docked the iPhone through the Aux. (not sure if radio had to be on, my radio is always on. :bouncy:) So there is an Aux port relationship and it may have to do with programming within the amp supporting it. It could be the device being on the dock when the truck starts trips a circuit limiter in or to the amp to protect it. Regardless, I can control the issue by when I dock/undock to the aux port. The new Lockpick GMX550 seems to let me dock and undock regardless of the truck state a lot better though. So if the bass goes out occassionally when you start the truck, meaning does not fail while driving, then I suggest you check out the Aux port or what you have connected to it. For some, it will be the issue.

Thanks,
PfromD

the cadillac man
10-08-11, 12:45 AM
it might be possible that the adaptor is bad not really common but it can happen.

the cadillac man
10-08-11, 12:57 AM
and for those who are wondering the stock sub is a 6 inch dual voice coil not bad but it still sucks for real low end if you don't believe try the bass i love you song you will find out real quick give me a 12 inch in the same dual voice coil style and i will be happy :) with great low end bass that is tight and not boomy

PfromD
10-10-11, 10:34 AM
it might be possible that the adaptor is bad not really common but it can happen.

Maybe a Lockpick compatability issue since had two different units but they are made for certain radios, not a generic one size fits all solution. Further the only place I find comments about the issue is here including from others not using Lockpick. Plus if it happens to Lockpick, it could happen to other devices connected to aux input as well. The way it happens on mine, it feels like an overload circuit kicks in if it starts with a load on that circuit it doesn't like. Could be that takes out the amp. I have never had the issue occur if I had not docked or undocked something on the aux port. To my knowledge, it always happens if the device is connected when the truck is off and then I turn on the truck/radio. I would be more upset about it but it has been predictable so I just dock once I am burning gas. :rolleyes:

-P

the cadillac man
10-10-11, 09:03 PM
it might be the way the adaptor is programed to only work after the truck is started some aftermarket radios do this so don't feel too bad about if you ever have no sound at all then you have a big problem.