: heated seats: 96 sts

joe_mn
10-16-10, 09:12 PM
driver side does not work. pass side does. i can feel relay click under pass seat. driver relay does not click. I put pass relay on driver side and it does not click. so the relay is good but does not work on driver side. fuses for both seats are ok. if heat element is broke, will relay still click for that seat? maybe its the console switch?

Submariner409
10-18-10, 09:37 AM
driver side does not work. pass side does. i can feel relay click under pass seat. driver relay does not click. I put pass relay on driver side and it does not click. so the relay is good but does not work on driver side. fuses for both seats are ok. if heat element is broke, will relay still click for that seat? maybe its the console switch?

If there is a break in one of the (2,3 or 4, depending on model) seat elements then the relay steadily clicks on and off. When you switched relays, did the driver's seat heat up ?? If it did, then you have a wiring or connector problem in the seat heater element harness.

If you think there's an element burned out, you can remove the seat and then the upholstery to locate the break - evidenced by a burned spot in the seat pad or back. One fix is to solder a jumper wire over the break - the other is to replace the elements with the re-designed set.

There were several repair threads, with pictures, in here and maybe Seville about two years ago. The procedure is also in the Factory Service Manual.

joe_mn
10-18-10, 09:52 AM
96 sts. bun heat and back heat. 1 switch, high or low. using relay from pass side, the driver seat will not heat up. relay will not click. no heat on high or low setting.

Submariner409
10-18-10, 10:00 AM
96 sts. bun heat and back heat. 1 switch, high or low. using relay from pass side, the driver seat will not heat up. relay will not click.

Hmmmmm.........With a burned element the relay should click, click every 3 - 4 seconds.

Console switch ?? Fuses ?