: 2007 DTS Stereo/Speaker questions

SOB33
10-16-10, 09:02 PM
Hi All,
Just bought a 07 DTS, pick it up on Monday. So it has the NAV - touchscreen, cd, dvd, xm, with aux/ipod input on the front. The speakers do not say BOSE on them and it sounds like crap. I thought all NAV equipped were BOSE, but I was wrong.

What is the unit in there? AC Delco? Also what are the speaker sizes and locations?

Any suggestions on upgrade of the speakers? The stock stereo/NAV unit is fine and I won't change that. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Shaun

Mark58
10-16-10, 11:03 PM
Hi All,
Just bought a 07 DTS, pick it up on Monday. So it has the NAV - touchscreen, cd, dvd, xm, with aux/ipod input on the front. The speakers do not say BOSE on them and it sounds like crap. I thought all NAV equipped were BOSE, but I was wrong.

What is the unit in there? AC Delco? Also what are the speaker sizes and locations?

Any suggestions on upgrade of the speakers? The stock stereo/NAV unit is fine and I won't change that. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Shaun

RADIO
AUDIO SYSTEM WITH NAVIGATION, AM/FM STEREO with DVD-based navigation, voice recognition and 8 speakers. Also includes 2 free map updates. (Included in (PCN) Sun and Navigation Package.)
AUDIO SYSTEM WITH NAVIGATION, AM/FM STEREO with DVD-based navigation, voice recognition and 8 speakers. Also includes 2 free map updates. (Includes (UQA) Bose premium 8-speaker system.)
AUDIO SYSTEM, AM/FM STEREO WITH CD/MP3 PLAYER seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), automatic volume, Theftlock and 8-speakers (STD)
AUDIO SYSTEM, AM/FM STEREO WITH MP3 COMPATIBLE 6-DISC IN-DASH CD CHANGER seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control and Radio Data System (RDS) and 8-speakers (Included and only available with (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package.)
AUDIO SYSTEM, AM/FM STEREO WITH MP3 COMPATIBLE 6-DISC IN-DASH CD CHANGER seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control and Radio Data System (RDS) and 8-speakers (STD) (Includes (UQA) Bose premium 8-speaker system.)

SOB33
10-16-10, 11:10 PM
Thanks, it must be the:

"AUDIO SYSTEM, AM/FM STEREO WITH CD/MP3 PLAYER seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), automatic volume, Theftlock and 8-speakers (STD) "

That answers what the option are anyways..

Superjim
10-17-10, 11:00 AM
That's kinda odd..
I have never seen a NAV equipped car without the BOSE speakers.
I though all NAV systems had the BOSE speakers.

I see now...based on what Mark posted that it is possible to "NOT" have BOSE speakers.

I have NAV and BOSE and like it pretty well.
It could be better, but it is mostly OK.

Texas Jim

Mark58
10-17-10, 09:54 PM
I have a Performance model with Nav and just checked my radio system. BOSE name is on front door speakers only , so I assume it's a Bose system.

SOB33
10-17-10, 10:20 PM
Yeah my last DTS had BOSE on the front speakers. Now I am just wondering what some good choices are for upgrades on the speakers. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great.

Bleachers
10-18-10, 05:51 PM
Just about anything is an upgrade over Bose speakers.