: what happens to the concept cars when they are doen with them

ThumperPup
10-16-10, 05:25 PM
Ok anyone know what happens with the Concept cars when they are doen with it ?

like ok doesnt a car have to be produced in a concept or atleast a new desine when ever they change a body style or when they are building a new vehicle like say
what did Cadillac and GM do with the Sixteen since they never built it for sale
what did they do with the Proto type

and what about every time they cme out with a new body style like when they switched the body style up in 98 for the seville and when they did the new deville in 2000
or any other vehilce

what happens with the protypes and concept cars do they destroy them for the raw material do they store them somewhere or do they sell them ?

Jesda
10-16-10, 05:32 PM
Ford recently sold some of it's concepts to raise money for charitable purposes. The 2002 Lincoln Continental concept, with it's electronics disabled and a plastic windshield (completely undriveable), sold for 50k at an auction.

ThumperPup
10-16-10, 05:36 PM
Ford recently sold some of it's concepts to raise money for charitable purposes. The 2002 Lincoln Continental concept, with it's electronics disabled and a plastic windshield (completely undriveable), sold for 50k at an auction.

darn if i had 50k and knew about that auction i would have got it even undrivable i always wnated taht to come back
last year the Continetal was built was 2002 i think that was the last mistake Ford Lincoln did or is it worst mistake

i wonder if who ever spent the money on that is going to get it working to drive it and all

RippyPartsDept
10-16-10, 05:40 PM
read here for a more flushed out discussion on this topic
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f19/what-happens-old-concept-cars-24019/
did you google your question?

ThumperPup
10-16-10, 05:42 PM
yeah i didnt come up with much

ThumperPup
10-16-10, 05:46 PM
wow hmm its sad how many of them get destroyed i know that if i where the enginer it would be in my garage because it was my baby and wouldnt go to no scraper

RippyPartsDept
10-16-10, 05:51 PM
lately they've been stored by GM - the Sixteen and the Cien were are fully functional vehicles
there is no way they're being scrapped

ThumperPup
10-16-10, 07:48 PM
i bet if they threw that sixteen into a movie and all
that ppl would beg GM to bring it to life and they would sell alot of them even in this economy