: For all you whiners

2010sled
10-16-10, 05:16 PM
I've been reading all the bull about small rattleshard drives servos working. The otherday l made a list and almost all the noise you had to have a stethiscope to even hear. stop bitching turn the radio on and enjoy one of the best built suvs ever built:stirpot:

stevec5375
10-16-10, 05:29 PM
I've been reading all the bull about small rattleshard drives servos working. The otherday l made a list and almost all the noise you had to have a stethiscope to even hear. stop bitching turn the radio on and enjoy one of the best built suvs ever built:stirpot:

:yawn:

Lord Cadillac
10-16-10, 05:58 PM
Turn up the radio so you don't hear noise? Nobody likes to hear complaints but if Cadillac wants to be the new standard of the world, they're going to have to learn to accept complaints about minor issues. People have high expectations of the SRX now that it's being compared to the Lexus RX.

RippyPartsDept
10-16-10, 06:08 PM
we had a customer the other day who said she left her RX for the 2011 SRX that she was in buying vinyl floor mats for
i asked her why she bought it and she said it was the color - she just had to have it (the red one)
everyone's different and have their own things that they care about
enthusiasts are the ones who care about everything

Lord Cadillac
10-16-10, 06:11 PM
Luckily there are very few enthusiasts compared to everyone else.

stevec5375
10-16-10, 07:26 PM
I don't know what to call myself except a hard worker who expects a lot for his $40K+ purchase. Is that asking too much? Companies that don't listen to customer feedback and adjust appropriately are asking for sales decline which results in ultimately going out of business. This is part of living in a society that prides itself in Capitalist competition. The Japanese seem to have figured this out better than us Americans. However, there is hope. WE CAN DO BETTER.

jcapps
10-16-10, 11:26 PM
I love my SRX but the sound system is terrible. Been to the dealer 3x and still no satisfaction. My 2004 Silverado sounds much better. Actually day and night. I have given up and just won't buy a Cadillac next time. This is my second one and thought I would always have one from now on.

I did get some help through the forum and cadillac rep with some other issues but I am over trying to get help with the audio. It sounds like it is coming out of a can. Two separate dealers told me thats normal. Normal for a Cadillac to sound so bad? Even my gf who never complains gives me crap everytime I take the srx.

My STS had an incredible sound system. My other cars have much better sound. This sounds broken and out of two dealers, one said its normal and the other service writer just blew me off saying thats the way it is without even listening to it

Last Cadillac for me.....unless a miracle happens

Lord Cadillac
10-16-10, 11:32 PM
I really don't blame you. But maybe next time you can spend more time with your test drive. Get a 24 hour test drive and really know what you're getting yourself into. Cadillac is working hard at improving the cars and customer service experience. Unfortunately, they don't have 100% control of everything that goes on at every dealership. I have a feeling there IS something wrong with your sound system - especially if your 2004 Silverado sounds better. How can that be? The sound system in a Cadillac should be much better than that - and you have every right to expect it.

You should take your complaint higher up. I'm sure Cadillac wants your business. The dealerships you're taking your car are probably run by high school drop outs who can't manage to keep their pants dry when they take a leak.

TheCaptain
10-17-10, 08:31 AM
Wow, if your idea of "fixing" things is turning up the radio, i hope you never have any work in the retail business. Your business would be under so fast it would make your head spin. :shocked:

GMJim
10-17-10, 10:12 AM
Captain, I understand what he's saying to some extent. If I drove around with the radio, and blower motor off, I would hear all kinds of shit. Every vehicle I have ever owned, has rattled, creaked, etc. If there is a completely quiet vehicle, I would like to know. I will buy it. Your always going to hear engine noise, road noise, tire noise, wind noise, etc. Instead of making myself sick trying to finding new noises, I choose to just drive, with the radio, and blower on, and just enjoy. If a rattle is louder than the radio, it's a problem. Too many owners spend their time, just trying to find shit wrong with their vehicle.

mm9351
10-17-10, 10:23 AM
I love my SRX but the sound system is terrible. Been to the dealer 3x and still no satisfaction. My 2004 Silverado sounds much better. Actually day and night. I have given up and just won't buy a Cadillac next time. This is my second one and thought I would always have one from now on.

I did get some help through the forum and cadillac rep with some other issues but I am over trying to get help with the audio. It sounds like it is coming out of a can. Two separate dealers told me thats normal. Normal for a Cadillac to sound so bad? Even my gf who never complains gives me crap everytime I take the srx.

My STS had an incredible sound system. My other cars have much better sound. This sounds broken and out of two dealers, one said its normal and the other service writer just blew me off saying thats the way it is without even listening to it

What exactly is your complaint with the sound system? Distortion, lack of definition, tone quality, low / high frequency response; bass response, power, presence, etc? I find the system to be quite good, and I have experience with other high end systems from Lexus and Mercedes. Sound coming out of a tin can...maybe your eq setting need to be adjusted? Did you listen to another SRX system? Maybe there are some blown speakers / grounding issues / or other problems with your amp. I would insist on getting it replaced!

Lord Cadillac
10-17-10, 11:46 AM
While all vehicles have noise inside the cabin, some have MUCH less than others. In the luxury segment, it's not very uncommon for people to expect a very quiet ride. The Lexus LS and Mercedes S-Class are the quietest vehicles I've ever driven in.

Captain, I understand what he's saying to some extent. If I drove around with the radio, and blower motor off, I would hear all kinds of shit. Every vehicle I have ever owned, has rattled, creaked, etc. If there is a completely quiet vehicle, I would like to know. I will buy it. Your always going to hear engine noise, road noise, tire noise, wind noise, etc. Instead of making myself sick trying to finding new noises, I choose to just drive, with the radio, and blower on, and just enjoy. If a rattle is louder than the radio, it's a problem. Too many owners spend their time, just trying to find shit wrong with their vehicle.

stevec5375
10-17-10, 12:13 PM

And herein lies one of the problems. GMJim WORKS for General Motors as an engineer, if I'm not mistaken. If his is their attitude, no wonder we have to put up with creaks and rattles. AMAZING! GMJim, you really don't get it.

I want to edit this post and state that I didn't mean for this to be an "attack" on GMJim personally but only his view that people should "deal" with squeaks and rattles. If he is going to advertise that he works for GM, then he should be prepared to handle some criticisms about the way engineering of the SRX has left some of us wanting in certain respects.

PJ1520
10-17-10, 12:20 PM
Amen, GM Jim. My SIL's Benz is no different/better and in some ways worse. The wife's Infinity is comparable.

Re the sound system. The Delco in my first gen 1998 Olds Aurora sounded better than the Bose in my wife's Infinity! But the Bose in the SRX is closer to the Delco, which I liked.

Whether you are talking about home surround sound systems or automotive sound systems........if you read up on customer comments on Bose products in the various forums you may pick up on a couple of things. Even the pure audio tests bear this out. The base falls a tad short and the presence is lacking (midrange). Tone adjustments help, particularly in the automotive applications.

My wife surprised me for my birthday about 10 years ago and bought me the top of the line Acoustamass (sp?) along with a new surround sound receiver. No matter how many hours I spent monkeying with the crossover frequencies and a myriad of other tone and sound system controls, the system has never sounded as good as what it replaced. Couldn't complain, her heart was in the right place. Or was it? She hated the large floorstanding speakers they replaced which took up precious room in the (her) family room.

My opinion, the Bose in the SRX is as good as many and better than most I've had in other vehicles, especially considering the accoustic challenges an automotive interior presents.

stevec5375
10-17-10, 12:42 PM
I have a music degree and my partner is an audiophile with a VERY high end sound system. While I agree that music listening is very subjective, I'll have to say that I think the SRX Bose system is missing "presence". The stereo image in the front of the car could be improved upon. My last two Infinitis had Bose systems and the stereo image was much better. It could just be a cabin thing with the SRX. The sound system is adequate but needs works. IMHO, of course.

GMJim
10-17-10, 02:47 PM
Steve,
You, and others like you, are the reason I don't post anymore. I will not renew being a supporting member, thanks to members like you.
I am not going to pay to be insulted. Obviously your verbal attacks are OK with this forum.

With an Einstein like you, this forum doesn't need anyone else.
You, are brilliant. I, am not worthy.

PJ1520
10-17-10, 02:51 PM
Actually Steve, I think the Bose in the SRX sounds better than the Bose in the Infinity G Coupe. I would have thought that it would be more difficult working with the larger SRX cabin. There is much more "presence" in the SRX. Speaker selection and placement may be why.

You're right about the subjectivity aspect. I prefer well defined highs and the midrange presence while my wife prefers the lower ranges and the deeper base that the Bose seems to throw in the Infinity.

The SRX tone controls and the surround feature work for me. Too bad there are not memory controls for the sound system. ;)

stevec5375
10-17-10, 02:57 PM
Steve,
You, and others like you, are the reason I don't post anymore. I will not renew being a supporting member, thanks to members like you.
I am not going to pay to be insulted. Obviously your verbal attacks are OK with this forum.

With an Einstein like you, this forum doesn't need anyone else.
You, are brilliant. I, am not worthy.

I thought you put me on "IGNORE"? It was nice and quiet around here while that was in effect.

Call it what you will Jim, but if you don't understand why someone who paid over $40,000 for a car expects to not have to listen to squeaks and rattles then perhaps it's best that you do withdraw from the forum. You certainly aren't doing GM any favors making comments that people should put up with squeaks and rattles.

GMJim
10-17-10, 03:30 PM
I luv this place

Lord Cadillac
10-17-10, 09:38 PM
What exactly did Steve do other than share his opinion? It wasn't exactly out of the movie "Happy Bunny" but I don't see any rule breaking in his post. It was more personal than I'd have been but at the same time, I can understand where he's coming from. Since you're an engineer at GM, people might think other engineers share the same lack of interest in squeaks and rattles. That's probably not the case - but what if it is? It certainly can't be ruled out as a possibility.

The topic was started on the wrong foot to begin with. People who buy luxury cars have high expectations. The topic starter was baiting members to make defensive replies. That was the first mistake.

Paying for a supporting membership doesn't mean other members can't call you out on certain things. I get called out all the time and I own the domain.

I don't see Steve's post as a verbal attack. He was obviously a little annoyed when he wrote the message and it certainly could have come out nicer - but it didn't break any rules. I'm sure there's some type of history between the two of you but I don't know about it and I don't have the time to look into it right now. Somebody should have pointed it out to me in the past if there was something going on. Without knowing more, this all seems blown out of proportion to me..

algiorda
10-17-10, 10:35 PM
I have a music degree and my partner is an audiophile with a VERY high end sound system. While I agree that music listening is very subjective, I'll have to say that I think the SRX Bose system is missing "presence". The stereo image in the front of the car could be improved upon. My last two Infinitis had Bose systems and the stereo image was much better. It could just be a cabin thing with the SRX. The sound system is adequate but needs works. IMHO, of course.

Have you gone into the config settings and changed the aspect ration of the sound by balancing between the font/back and change the equalizer settings?

Mine sounds pretty decent; for an automobile audio system.

TheCaptain
10-17-10, 10:41 PM
I'm damn pleased with the sound in mine. It'll knock your socks off! :D

embassy
10-17-10, 11:43 PM
Take two tin cans and put 4 or 5 metal screws in them. Now have one person sit behind you in your SRX, hold the tin can about 6" from you left ear and rattle the tin can for about 3 minutes. Then have them stop for about 30 seconds and then rattle the can again for 3 minutes. Have them do this the entire time that you are on a 6 hour drive.

Have a 2nd person sit in the rear compartment and shake the 2nd tin can randomly at the same time.

Now you can can freely complain about people reporting issues with rattles and squeaks. Unless you have driven 100 miles in my shoes ....

PS: I didn't know that the primary purpose of my radio was to override noise caused by manufacturing defects. I thought that was to listen to the news and to music.

jcarlilesiu
10-18-10, 12:25 AM
Some of you people need to get hobbies. Seriously.

First off, I have heard on this forum multiple times "If I paid 40K for a car, I expect... " and then they go off and compare it to a BMW or Mercedes. First off, price a BMW X5 vs. the SRX. Equiped the same, expect to spend almost TWICE as much. The price tag on the X5 is nearing 80K equally equipped. Thus, not only are you crying about how much you spent, which in the luxary market really isn't that much, but then people are going off and comparing apples to oranges.

Secondly, I have owed other high end automobiles including BMW. They have slight rattles and creaks too. Sometimes when its cold, sometimes on various types of pavement. My BMW had a constant rattle in the sunroof that BMW could never find and then finally said "its normal".

I simply think that either some of you have way too much time on your hands, or just like to complain. I suppose GM and cadillac are easy targets considering they are American companies or have recently had financial problems. The fact is though, the price you got your car at was incredibly reasonable considering comparable luxary automobiles, and all of the ideas that these cars are superior is patently false.

jcarlilesiu
10-18-10, 12:27 AM
I thought you put me on "IGNORE"? It was nice and quiet around here while that was in effect.

Call it what you will Jim, but if you don't understand why someone who paid over $40,000 for a car expects to not have to listen to squeaks and rattles then perhaps it's best that you do withdraw from the forum. You certainly aren't doing GM any favors making comments that people should put up with squeaks and rattles.

Have you ever paid MORE than 40K for one of these autos you think are superior? Ones that don't have squeaks and rattles? If so, please do name it, so that I can prove you wrong.

Its a car.

They all make noise.

Jesda
10-18-10, 07:01 AM
You should all calm down.

Ponyman
10-18-10, 09:01 AM
GM, don't worry, pretty soon Steve's job will be shipped to India, and he won't have to whine about paying 40k for a car anymore because he won't be able to afford it. Maybe then the car brand he loves will take pity on him and give him an automobile. I work with people that have Volvo's. Beemers, and other high end cars, and they ALL complain about something on their vehicles. There is no perfect car. If the one you have doesn't satisfy you then get rid of it, life is too short to sweat the little crap that most of the whiners on this board complain about. I am sure there are some serious issues that people have that need to be taken care of, but get real.

Lord Cadillac
10-18-10, 12:53 PM
You DO have a point because the SRX is an inexpensive vehicle considering the field it plays in. However, it worries me that as the prices come down, the expectations of a luxurious experience also come down. I'd rather see Cadillac stay and/or become more expensive so we can expect more.

At any cost, Cadillac isn't considered a "luxury" brand any longer. Accordingly to GM executives, it's now a "near luxury" brand. For more information, see the discussion we're having in the lounge...

Some of you people need to get hobbies. Seriously.

First off, I have heard on this forum multiple times "If I paid 40K for a car, I expect... " and then they go off and compare it to a BMW or Mercedes. First off, price a BMW X5 vs. the SRX. Equiped the same, expect to spend almost TWICE as much. The price tag on the X5 is nearing 80K equally equipped. Thus, not only are you crying about how much you spent, which in the luxary market really isn't that much, but then people are going off and comparing apples to oranges.

Secondly, I have owed other high end automobiles including BMW. They have slight rattles and creaks too. Sometimes when its cold, sometimes on various types of pavement. My BMW had a constant rattle in the sunroof that BMW could never find and then finally said "its normal".

I simply think that either some of you have way too much time on your hands, or just like to complain. I suppose GM and cadillac are easy targets considering they are American companies or have recently had financial problems. The fact is though, the price you got your car at was incredibly reasonable considering comparable luxary automobiles, and all of the ideas that these cars are superior is patently false.

jcapps
10-18-10, 01:08 PM
What exactly is your complaint with the sound system? Distortion, lack of definition, tone quality, low / high frequency response; bass response, power, presence, etc? I find the system to be quite good, and I have experience with other high end systems from Lexus and Mercedes. Sound coming out of a tin can...maybe your eq setting need to be adjusted? Did you listen to another SRX system? Maybe there are some blown speakers / grounding issues / or other problems with your amp. I would insist on getting it replaced!

My complaint is it sounds like it is coming out severely muffled. No clarity, no highs. I have been all over the place with the equalizer. This is not my first trip to the rodeo. I currently own 10 gm vehicles including a new z06, which btw sounds great (Bose and Nav). I did take my compaint higher up and got some help with other issues. How many times should I be inconvenienced bringing my 3 month old car in for service. Only to get the same run around of how thats the way it is. I own a business and if there was ever a recall on my employees work, it would only happen once.

Why are dealers who would be reimbursed by gm this lazy? Why should I have to tolerate this? I am one stalwart who always, always bragged about GM and how I never had an issue with any of the gm vehicles.

I know it is not to be this way. But I have given up on the local dealers and Cadillac. Sad because like I said, thought I would always own a Cadillac.

BTW I have no squeaks, no rattles or rolls for that matter

BTW...........the gm rep is very good but after all he can only be as good as the dealer is willing to be

JimmyH
10-18-10, 07:43 PM
The Lexus LS and Mercedes S-Class are the quietest vehicles I've ever driven in.

That's a big fail there Sal. You don't drive those cars. You pilot them.

I will make two contributions to this thread:

1) There are two types of cars you can buy: reliable cars, and fun cars. And they don't co-exist.

2) Bose has yet to ever produce a sound system for a car. They license out their name.

RippyPartsDept
10-18-10, 08:32 PM
good points Jimmy, i would only submit that fun is more subjective
so for instance, people who think that their civic is fun or that their saturn sc coupe is fun think that reliable and fun can coexist
heck, there's probably a few corolla owners who think that their car is fun
but if you put a non-subjective set of qualities down as requirements for a fun car you're right those two subsets (fun & reliable) don't overlap

and I didn't know that about the bose licensing... very very interesting

PJ1520
10-19-10, 02:30 AM
jcapps..........if you can, sit in another 2010 and listen, then note the audio settings. If the sound with similar settings is poorer in yours, you have a starting point. I think you do have a problem.

Me? I'd go back to my dealer and ask to sit in a 2010 SRX that is either on the lot or in for service. Then let the tech explain why there is so much difference in the sound, if yours sounds "normal" to him with the same settings. Then ask him show you how it's done if he thinks it is the settings. He'll come up shooting blanks. Or he will cave.

If this is your 4th time back, skip the service writer and the service tech altogether and ask for the service manager to let him listen to the difference.

And I'd be calm but firm articulating my expectation: "SRX apples to SRX apples, you have to admit my sound system sucks. Fix the sound system or replace it, but make it right. Your choice. This one isn't right."

PJ1520
10-19-10, 11:11 AM
Regarding forum discourse that gets less than civil......this forum (us) will be the poorer when folks drop out, and I hope no one does. You can't take matters personally or attack others who don't agree with you, no matter how frustrated you get with your particular issues.

I am certain folks in this forum are sick and tired of my anthologies. I am just as certain they are sick and tired of my "what I do/would do" when it comes to addressing these SRX issues with a dealer. I have to understand that you are not me. What comes naturally for me, either due to my personality, my prior experience with car dealers, or whatever conflict resolution/negotiation skills I have picked up along the way in corporate America.....I can't expect the same from everyone else. I can only post what has worked for me and might help someone else. But I have to do it in a way that respects the differences in all of us.

Beyond the entertainment value, these skirmishes add little value when they degenerate into unproductive hand grenade exchanges. And they intimidate others from posting their opinions.

When it comes to whose opinion is (more) correct, pick one side of the argument and I will gladly take the other.

jcapps
10-19-10, 11:31 AM
jcapps..........if you can, sit in another 2010 and listen, then note the audio settings. If the sound with similar settings is poorer in yours, you have a starting point. I think you do have a problem.

Me? I'd go back to my dealer and ask to sit in a 2010 SRX that is either on the lot or in for service. Then let the tech explain why there is so much difference in the sound, if yours sounds "normal" to him with the same settings. Then ask him show you how it's done if he thinks it is the settings. He'll come up shooting blanks. Or he will cave.

If this is your 4th time back, skip the service writer and the service tech altogether and ask for the service manager to let him listen to the difference.

And I'd be calm but firm articulating my expectation: "SRX apples to SRX apples, you have to admit my sound system sucks. Fix the sound system or replace it, but make it right. Your choice. This one isn't right."

Dealt with the service manager after the first time the srx went back and nothing was done that was on the list. The car was delivered on July 4th washed but with tape residue and other issues. When I picked it up the next day nothing had been done, so since then I dealt with the service manager.
Did not have an exactly equipped SRX but had a Buick Enclave, day and night when it camer to sound. For reference, one business I own is cars. I build and restore cars so I am not an inexperienced person. I know something is wrong and I have been nice each time.

Again, I appreciate the advice but I am over it. Glad I leased this one instead of buying it. I actually enjoy driving my truck more because it has better sound. I just won't buy another Cadillac. Kind of sad because I was thinking of selling the z06 next year and buying a cts-v coupe.

PJ1520
10-19-10, 12:10 PM
I don't think you are wrong about your SRX sound system underperforming. I'd be inclined to take the matter up with the general manager at the dealership. It's worth a call. The stuff is covered under warranty. Something is amiss with the service manager. Perhaps with some "coaxing" from his boss the light bulb will go off: "Fix it or replace it but get rid of this guy." :D

JimmyH
10-19-10, 01:53 PM
good points Jimmy, i would only submit that fun is more subjective
so for instance, people who think that their civic is fun or that their saturn sc coupe is fun think that reliable and fun can coexist
heck, there's probably a few corolla owners who think that their car is fun
but if you put a non-subjective set of qualities down as requirements for a fun car you're right those two subsets (fun & reliable) don't overlap

and I didn't know that about the bose licensing... very very interesting

True, about the civic and corolla. And they can be fun, to a certain type of person. Hell, I could have fun in a civic; for a few days.

My point is I have driven the hell out of my boss's first gen RX300, and his second gen RX330 (though I hope he never found out to what extent :D) And it was like driving a cardboard box.

I only had an SRX as a loaner for two days, so my experience was limited. But it was easily more entertaining than an RX. I came away very impressed. If I liked SUVs (I detest them) SRX would be on my list.

As for Bose, I have owned several cars that have them. All you have to do is look at the tags on the back of the radio, and there is no Bose info anywhere on them. I think GM's Bose radios are made by Alpine? I am probably wrong about that. Nissan's are made by Matsushita, aka Panasonic.

I think most cars from the last few years have lousy sound systems. Not all, but most. Cost cutting. My Camaro has a Boston Acoustics, that the salesman was raving about. It sounds like azz. The Bose 5.1 in my 09 CTS could not hold a candle to the lowly Bose 2.0 in my 05 CTS-V. I think that is just the way things are going. Why put an expensive system in a car these days? True audiophiles are just going to rip everything out and replace it anyway. The rest of us just learn to live with it.

Lord Cadillac
10-19-10, 03:02 PM
Both the Jaguar XJ and Audi A8 have 1000+ watt stereo systems.

2010sled
10-19-10, 04:36 PM
This thread was not about the bose SYSTEM THE ONLY PROBLEM I NHAVE IS I WISH IT WOULD GET LOUDER' THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT ALL THE LITTLE NOISES THAT MAKE THE SUV DO ALL THE WONDERFULLTHINGS IT DOSE

RippyPartsDept
10-19-10, 06:27 PM
sorry... :hide:

Lord Cadillac
10-19-10, 08:14 PM
I think the best advice offered in this thread was to escalate your complaint. Take it to someone who cares. That's a horrible thing to hear - but it sounds to me like whoever you're dealing with doesn't want to work with you on the problem. "Cadillac" doesn't want to lose your business. Give them another shot and move up the totem pole in regards to who you're complaining to...

This thread was not about the bose SYSTEM THE ONLY PROBLEM I NHAVE IS I WISH IT WOULD GET LOUDER' THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT ALL THE LITTLE NOISES THAT MAKE THE SUV DO ALL THE WONDERFULLTHINGS IT DOSE

Ponyman
10-19-10, 08:55 PM
Sled nobody cares what you think. Keep it up and I am sure you will get your second red flag.

Smokin' SRX
10-19-10, 10:41 PM
Man, I'm gone for 48 hrs and I find all Hell breaks out. LOL . Folks, opinions are like a--holes. Everybody has one!! Learn from the folks that are informative/creative and reject the rest. It' not supposed to be personal! Nobody has the right to ask anyone else to leave or criticize their lifestyle/job. Use the "ignore" if you want. That's why it's there. Don't let frustration make you into a forum bully. We all lose that way.

Don't forget your reason for joining folks, EG....... help others, help yourself, share ideas and experiences. I've gotten so many good suggestions/ideas here since 2004 ! I haven't liked all of you and bet some of you don't like me. That's OK, but if I give you a good piece of help, take it anyway. If I irritate you, just tell me to ease up. You'll get help. And don't have thin skin. Not everyone out there is Miss Manners! Or a diplomat. Have ya driven in NY?? Do you watch every channel on TV with the same enjoyment? No. But you haven't thrown the whole set out, have ya?? Change the channel, move on, watch what pleases you and skip the rest. That's why we're here. Not politics, not religious issues, "it's the car, stupid" , to paraphrase an election quip. Sure we can digress a bit, but come on folks, ease up. Plenty of good people trying to help in their own way. Maybe it's the best they got? You don't have to accept it. We can agree to disagree and say goodnite. I just did.............

Peace
SS

RippyPartsDept
10-19-10, 11:44 PM
:yeah:
Well said SS!

Smokin' SRX
10-20-10, 10:55 AM
Thx Rippy. With the vast majority of members here that would do almost anything, to help out another member, I'm willing to give big "benefit of the doubt " to the rest whom I just "don't get". Works for me. Have a great day and enjoy your beauty of a ride.

SS

PS............Sled 2010, when you started this thread, you included the pot stirring icon, with real precognition, didn't ya! Guess many are rightfully frustrated with their troubles/crappy Dealers, big time. And I have a buddy who bitches about everything too. He can get on my nerves. But sometimes, occasionally, he's right-on............ :yup:

PJ1520
10-20-10, 11:24 AM
Man, I'm gone for 48 hrs and I find all Hell breaks out. LOL . Folks, opinions are like a--holes. Everybody has one!! Learn from the folks that are informative/creative and reject the rest. It' not supposed to be personal! Nobody has the right to ask anyone else to leave or criticize their lifestyle/job. Use the "ignore" if you want. That's why it's there. Don't let frustration make you into a forum bully. We all lose that way.

Don't forget your reason for joining folks, EG....... help others, help yourself, share ideas and experiences. I've gotten so many good suggestions/ideas here since 2004 ! I haven't liked all of you and bet some of you don't like me. That's OK, but if I give you a good piece of help, take it anyway. If I irritate you, just tell me to ease up. You'll get help. And don't have thin skin. Not everyone out there is Miss Manners! Or a diplomat. Have ya driven in NY?? Do you watch every channel on TV with the same enjoyment? No. But you haven't thrown the whole set out, have ya?? Change the channel, move on, watch what pleases you and skip the rest. That's why we're here. Not politics, not religious issues, "it's the car, stupid" , to paraphrase an election quip. Sure we can digress a bit, but come on folks, ease up. Plenty of good people trying to help in their own way. Maybe it's the best they got? You don't have to accept it. We can agree to disagree and say goodnite. I just did.............

Peace
SS

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! by the way, SS, we deliberately cranked this one up when we knew you were not looking. Don't worry, there will be others. :lildevil:

JimmyH
10-20-10, 11:28 AM
I don't about you guys, but I like all the little noises. It reminds me I am driving a car, not an appliance like a Lexus.

embassy
10-20-10, 09:11 PM
I don't about you guys, but I like all the little noises. It reminds me I am driving a car, not an appliance like a Lexus.

I can live with the little noises, it the loud constant ones that I can do without. Something like sled2010 :)

Smokin' SRX
10-20-10, 09:36 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!! by the way, SS, we deliberately cranked this one up when we knew you were not looking. Don't worry, there will be others. :lildevil:

LMAO! That'll teach me to get a day or 2 off. Thx for the humor.

jax405
06-17-14, 12:02 PM
I just wonder how I can take the radio system out of my 2006 HHR and put in my 2010 Cadillac CTS. Has a much better operating (more options) system and sounds better. It's the Pioneer system with subwoofer, XM and 6 disc changer also. I sort of figured the sound quality and options would be more elaborate in the Cadillac Luxury with the Bose system.

Marc NY
06-17-14, 12:16 PM
I just wonder how I can take the radio system out of my 2006 HHR and put in my 2010 Cadillac CTS... OK - I will dare to ask, why would you bring up this nearly 4 year old thread to post a CTS question into our SRX forum? :confused:

woodytwo
06-25-14, 11:44 PM
I quess I'm a whinner. Boise sound in my previous car (Enclave) was very much better than in the SRX. I quess I would say the sound in the SRX is also worst than the sound systems in the Toyotas I owned. Cannot tell you specifically what the problem is but it just sounds like a cheap system. I've sat and tried numerous settings but can't seem to improve it. Maybe I'll try the dealer route but somehow don't feel too confident that they will improve it without replacing it. I would love them to replace it with the Enclave Boise system.

adamjeeps
06-26-14, 12:05 AM
Do you have the base or the upgrade system?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

btk301
06-28-14, 10:49 AM
As far as interior noise goes, my only real issue with my 2012 Performance is the road noise that emanates into the cabin. I attributed this to the tires, as 20" high performance, low profile tires will make some noise. Kind of wish Cadillac could have engineered this noise out, but Probably should have opted for the Premium. Especially in South Florida where rear a/c is a must and my SRX is a sweat box for rear seat passengers. The little floor vents don't cut it in this heat.

adamjeeps
06-28-14, 12:01 PM
55 aspect ratio is not considered low profile IMO. Generally 50 or less.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

srxycaddy
06-28-14, 12:07 PM
The little floor vents don't cut it in this heat.

Ummmm, my 2012 Performance has rear AC vents (in the back of the front center armrest). The rear passengers can't adjust temp or flow but they can direct the flow.

MI-SRX
06-28-14, 10:09 PM
...I quess I would say the sound in the SRX is also worst than the sound systems in the Toyotas I owned.

Either your SRX is really bad or your Toyotas were really good. I came to my SRX from an '11 Toyota Highlander Limited and a '02 Highlander Limited prior to that, both with the 'premium' JBL system, and the Bose system is head and shoulders better than what was in either of the Highlanders.

----------

Ummmm, my 2012 Performance has rear AC vents (in the back of the front center armrest). The rear passengers can't adjust temp or flow but they can direct the flow.

Kewl, I just found those in mine today (never sit in the back myself).

srxycaddy
06-28-14, 10:16 PM
Kewl, I just found those in mine today (never sit in the back myself).

According to my kids this was a must have in "THEIR" next car.