: Exterior Door Trim original?

carmental
10-15-10, 04:40 PM
Next Allante question folks: I'm looking at a 90 Allante in Burgundy, it has trim 2 trim strips down the sides between the wheel wells, 1 that looks like stainless below the Pininfarina emblem in the lower style line (where I often see a red stripe), and 1 above the Pininfarina emblem along the upper style line that looks like stainless with a tan colored rubber insert presumably to prevent door dings. Are both of these trim pieces original? I've not seen other allantes with the either trim piece.

I've tried to attach a photo, not sure how successful I've been.

Thanks - Bruce (aka Carmental)

macsr
10-15-10, 06:20 PM
Lower mldg is standard factory, came in silver or red, upper molding is dealer add to prevent door dings.

carmental
10-16-10, 09:41 PM
I'm hoping it was put on with just an adhesive, not mechanically. I really don't like the way it looks, makes the car look like something out of the 70's.

macsr
10-17-10, 03:11 PM
I was a Chevrolet Dealer in the 70's so be careful. lol That particular molding is generally put on with peel and stick adhesive tape. The way you can tell
is if the center rubber section pull out of the backing, which would be the housing, then the backing plate is probably rivited on. Not done this way very often
as it is a time consuming process to drill and rivet the metal piece on, Mike