: 6-CD Changer in '05 STS - Settings Question

lot-49
10-15-10, 03:56 AM
Anybody have any idea if it's possible to set the CD player so that when you turn it off and/or turn off the ignition and then return later, the player will pick up exactly where it left off?

My player returns to the beginning of the track it was last on - very frustrating when I'm listening to a disc of a 45 minute talk which is all one track!

DBeaSST
10-15-10, 09:02 AM
Not sure how different my player is than yours. But mine does exactly that every time. Middle of a track or not, picks up right where it was when I turned the car off.

Mine's an 09 w/ Nav

malatu
10-15-10, 09:35 AM
If you are the one making the cd's, your recorder may have an place to insert (forget what it's called) separator into the track. This may help you with your problem. Just a thought.

rzambrano
10-15-10, 01:12 PM
Isnt that normal? Mine does it too.

2005 V6 w/ Nav

Greg00coupe
10-15-10, 01:31 PM
Mine starts right where it left off.......... but I've only used regular store bought CDs if that matters.

rzambrano
10-15-10, 01:49 PM
I haven't tried retail CD's. I burn my own MP3 CD's with 5-10 albums per disc.

DBeaSST
10-15-10, 02:44 PM
I've played MP3 CD's which I make myself as well as DVD-Audio, DVD movies and a store bought CD. They all start right where I left off. Even if I change to XM or some other source then back to the Disc's.

rzambrano
10-15-10, 02:51 PM
Then, I guess there is a a setting that's changes on mine, or it is faulty. I have noticed that when I turn off the car and turn it on within a minute or so, it returns to where it was; if its longer than that then it restarts.

My friend, who also has the same car, also does the same thing.

AllGoNShow
10-15-10, 05:57 PM
05 STS, no nav, 6cd. Shut off and walk away for a week if I wanted, starts bang on where I left off.

Now, use another key in the middle, different story. Key fob #2 has different CD loaded, it will change to that CD and start from Track 1 for person #2, then when I get back in, it will change to the same CD i was listening to but (if I remember right) starts the CD again.

Maybe the key fob battery is dieing or you have another key close by? I can double check my method tonight if you want to see.

rzambrano
10-15-10, 10:19 PM
When I bought my STS, I was only given FOB #2. No one else on my block has a Caddy. I thought it was just normal. Gonna wait on your testing

AllGoNShow
10-16-10, 01:54 PM
Sure, I'll test it out this afternoon for you and let you know.

EChas3
10-16-10, 10:35 PM
My wife says her 2007 picks up where it was when she stops. Testing continues here!

rzambrano
10-17-10, 01:23 AM
So what do you think the problem might be for those experiencing this like me, FOB battery?

blunted
10-20-10, 05:22 PM
Do you always make sure the radio is off before opening the doors? I've noticed that if I shut my car off and don't turn off the radio before opening the door it doesn't retain its memory.

rzambrano
10-20-10, 07:52 PM
Do you always make sure the radio is off before opening the doors? I've noticed that if I shut my car off and don't turn off the radio before opening the door it doesn't retain its memory.

No, I simply always exit with the music playing. Another thing I've noticed, is that on the FM band, whenever I return to it from another source (car on or off), it always changes station.

EChas3
10-21-10, 01:10 AM
I've noticed occasional odd behavior but it usually ocurrs the next start after I've been channel hopping.

My wife leaves her radio cranked. I'd like a mute!