: GM Livonia Powetrain Engine Plant - Auction !

97EldoCoupe
10-14-10, 09:56 PM
I don't know if I was the only one from the forums there or not. Good gosh - if anyone needs office furniture, go! It's still there!

I bought 3 engine stands. Specifically built for the Northstar V8. These even have a crank wheel to rotate the engine. I'm going to love these. The mounting plate is over 1/2" thick steel - now that is something I would trust bolting an expensive engine to.

I purchased milling machine cutters, face mills, 11 torque wrenches (some electronic), some racking, micrometers and bore guages, and a bunch of other useful stuff. Some of this I might sell but definitely not all of it!

I missed out on a real nice lathe - $3500 -

There was still a Gen IV truck block in one of the machining centers -

I found a machine I could adapt so nicely to bore all 20 head bolt holes out at once - but the machine was enormous. Too big though.

I bought three prototype crankshafts - but I missed out on some - if the guy who bought those cranks is on here, I'd like to buy them from you!

Wow to have been able to see this factory from the inside was priceless. I think that was half of the fun!

Anyone need 3 foot diameter grinding wheels? I have two now that I don't think I'll ever use! :)

97EldoCoupe
10-14-10, 10:02 PM
Oh - and a vibration meter too - this will come in handy testing various engine mounts...

Here's a photo of two of the engine stands:

http://www.northstarperformance.com/videos/stands.jpg

Stingroo
10-15-10, 08:43 AM
Good lord those engine stands dwarf ANYTHING any of us probably own.

Great job man. :) Too bad about the head-drilling machine. Imagine the time it would have saved you per repair....

miwise
10-15-10, 10:33 AM
Wow! That's amazing!! Congrats!! :-)

ejguillot
10-15-10, 03:26 PM
Good deal! You never see anything like that down in FL.

Submariner409
10-15-10, 05:02 PM
Good deal! You never see anything like that down in FL.

Really ?? Due to the depressed pleasure boat market, wait until Donzi, Fountain, or Wellcraft - any Florida boatbuilder - goes belly up. You'll be able to buy molds, hardware, and fiberglass components like Jake at Livonia.

ThumperPup
10-15-10, 05:40 PM
im waitng for Formula to go belly up ones that company does because of the Econmoy im going to be able to buy a bunch of new stuff for this boat i have that i cant fix LOL

ThumperPup
10-15-10, 05:40 PM
wow great find Jake

VanDamage007
10-17-10, 04:26 PM
"Raise your hand if you want to see a RWD, Supercharged Northstar Eldorado! The way it should have been"

Dude I am rasing both my hands!!! I will even let you do it to my car! I have been considering a swap out. I was thinking a CTS/V Supercharged engine but the price, damn! Any way this is possible?

ThumperPup
10-17-10, 04:44 PM
"Raise your hand if you want to see a RWD, Supercharged Northstar Eldorado! The way it should have been"

Dude I am rasing both my hands!!! I will even let you do it to my car! I have been considering a swap out. I was thinking a CTS/V Supercharged engine but the price, damn! Any way this is possible?

like a great man i ones knew told me anything is doible and possible if you have the money he had the money LOL

but it any cheap when you gota say it
so if you got the money im sure it can be doen but youll be changing alot more then just that i bet