: Putting Subs in a Cadillac?

Ronen911
10-14-10, 07:21 PM
I currently own a 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6L Non-Navigation unit...I was wondering if there is a way to install subs in the car without interfering with anything in the car IE keeping my memory seats and the Stock Radio...Any suggestions?

-Ronen911

EChas3
10-14-10, 10:00 PM
I think the best you're going to be able to do is tap the present system and add an amp & sub(s). What's your current configuration?

The dealer that soid me my 2006 described several people that wired up the OEM head-end in the trunk and went aftermarket up in the dash. Seems like Rube Goldburg to me. The OEM Nav looks great.

LAC_STS
10-15-10, 01:03 PM
If you want to do it right you need to use an interface of some kind.

My local shop was using Rockford 3sixty's to do this last year.

They said they work good but you cant put too much bass through it. I think they said under 3-4K watts.

When I went up there the other day the guy had bought a new V. He had something hooked up in there thats a new interface that shows on his NAV screen and he got 2 JL 13's in there.

I could go up there sometime and see what it is.

But if your not doing anything serious you can use a 3sixty

kschwed
10-15-10, 02:02 PM
If you want to do it right you need to use an interface of some kind.

My local shop was using Rockford 3sixty's to do this last year.

They said they work good but you cant put too much bass through it. I think they said under 3-4K watts.

When I went up there the other day the guy had bought a new V. He had something hooked up in there thats a new interface that shows on his NAV screen and he got 2 JL 13's in there.

I could go up there sometime and see what it is.

But if your not doing anything serious you can use a 3sixty

3-4k rms dedicated to bass is pretty serious. JL audio makes a cleansweep that will work too. It doesnt have sub designated outputs, but you can tap the rear outputs on it and send that off to a sub. This would probably be most effective if you run the rest of your channels through it too.