: Most Exotic car you ever drove what is it

ThumperPup
10-14-10, 08:14 PM
Just curiouse to see what the best or most excoitice and intresting and flashy car you ever drove
test drove
took for spin without owners consent perhaps lol
owned ?
friend loand to you perhaps

for me
i did a cross country trip from Brighton Beach NY
to Marina Delray CA
in a 2007 Mybach 57 seris that car was sweet
i dont even know why i stays in hotels during the trip
could have camped out in the back seat lol

friend asked me to drive it from his house in NY to his place in CA
trying to hide it from the Marshals and IRS sizure so i took it down there for him
none the less by the time i got there he said you know just park it outside let them come and get it LOL

so how about you

Jesda
10-14-10, 08:20 PM
I'd like to see Orconn's review of his Lamborghini.

orconn
10-14-10, 09:00 PM
The most exotic car I ever drove was not my Lamborghini 350 GT. But a one off Lamborghini Miura Targa that they had a the factory when I went to take delivery of my car. You may have seen pictures of this car from time to time as it was the inspiration for many other mid-engined Targas (open coupes with the roll bar formed by the structure behinhind the two seats). It was light silver blue metallic with cream leather interior. I got to drive it around a short bit with a factory test driver, who then took me out on the Autostrada to show what the car would really do. In those days (the mid sixties) the Autostrada still were without speed limits) I am was told that we reached I70 mph in the car, I couldn't tell you for sure cause i was looking straight ahead ..... I never knew FIATs could back up that fast!!! Was I scared probably, but my attitude was I was going to Vietnam .... so what the hell! This car was not a regular Lamborghini Miura but one that was prepared by Bob Wallace, lead test driver and test engineer in the early days. He and his young (these guys were all my age which was 26 at the time) cohorts had tweaked this car out hoping to get the Commendatore to let them go racing (they were not successful). This miura must have bee one of the fastest exotics of its' day and probably could shown any Ferrrari its' tail lights in a moment.That Lamborghini was the fastest I have ever been on a public road, and I am happy to say I survived the ride and also Vietnam!

I will give you all, a recollected "road test report" on driving a new Lamborghini 350 GT after I have given it some thought.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-14-10, 10:28 PM
It would have to be something while I was working at the big Chevrolet dealer, probably a C6 Z06 or something like that. We never got any ZR-1's (we weren't ZR-1 certified), but I found myself behind the wheel of a customer's Z06 from time to time, if only to move it around the lot.

ryannel2003
10-14-10, 10:34 PM
My former bosses '08 Porsche 911 Turbo. Amazing car.

drewsdeville
10-14-10, 10:43 PM
I worked at an auto body shop through high school. We had a Viper RT/10 come through once. I got to drive it, with no passenger side door, up and down the street in front of the shop a few times. Being in my teens and really not having much performance experience (driving my Delta 88's at the time), the car scared the $hit out of me. This is really where my respect for true performance cars began. Before then, I was a typical high schooler raving about GM G-bodies, b-bodies (thanks to my Olds, I thought I was cool with RWD), and f-bodies like they were hot stuff. How embarrassing.

Funny story behind that car. The customer was doing 40mph in 3rd gear down a two lane road and punched it. It roasted the rear tires and he put it in a ditch, all by himself, no one else in sight. :histeric:

gary88
10-14-10, 10:52 PM
E46 M3 convertible I guess. Not terribly exotic but tons of fun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/IMG_0008r-2.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-14-10, 11:34 PM
The most fun I ever had behind the wheel of a car was a 41,000 mile '95 Z28 t-top coupe we got in for service at the Chevy dealer one day. It was a beautiful summer day, so after we got the water pump and distributor installed, I got to take it out for a spin afterwords before the customer picked it up and there's not many more cars more fun than a nice, low mile F-Body on a warm summer day...t-tops off, throttle down (but in the speed limit) and all the girls looking....not gonna get much more fun than that. I'd still like an LT1 F-Body some day, but I'd rather have a big comfy boat instead. :)

JimHare
10-15-10, 09:50 AM
At one time, at the intersection of Rts 82 and 282 in Chester County, PA, north of Downingtown, sat a huge junk car lot run by a local oddball named Gene Matlack. My buddies and I used to go there to cobble parts for various Renault Dauphine, Bugeye Sprites, and MG Midgets that crossed our paths. Gene had literally hundreds of old hearses, ambulances, school busses and whatnot. Then one day, somehow, he obtained a mid 1950's Phantom ?? Rolls-Royce in black and yellow. Right hand drive, if I remember correctly. The interior was a light tan leather. He asked me to take it down the road the the local counry store one afternoon, he needed cigs and milk. It must have looked rather odd to the local bumpkins when a 17 year old snot-nose pulls up in a Rolls and buys a carton of Marlboros and a gallon of farm milk. I was scared out of my life that I'd run it off the road and into the bushes. But everyone around knew it belonged to Gene. It may have been the only R-R within 75 miles.

Those were the days.

EcSTSatic
10-15-10, 01:48 PM
I drove an AMC Pacer once. Hey...it was the 70's. :lildevil:

Submariner409
10-15-10, 02:05 PM
Tossup between a Lamborghini P400 Miura or a 1967 Ford GT-40.

Drove, not owned, unlike orconn's Lamborghini. Lucky bastard.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmA01dUhdPY

Bro-Ham
10-15-10, 02:08 PM
New 2004 Rolls-Royce Phantom, what a fabulous car! I never should have driven it - like eating forbidden fruit. :)

C&C
10-16-10, 09:10 AM
1974 Jaguar E-Type; V-12 with a 4 speed. Got to drive it from Philidelphia to Charleston, SC. (stationed at Charleston Naval Hospital). One smooth ride.

billc83
10-16-10, 09:53 AM
Living my mundane life: probably the Bricklin.

Foreign-built 2-seat sports car with a non-steel body (even if it is powered by a Ford engine, but hey, so were Detomaso Panteras!).

Impressions: The car was quick, but not mind-blowingly so. It cornered surprisingly well - suspension work must have been done at some point in the car's life. The cockpit was very cramped, mostly because of the incredibly stupid placement of the foot pedals. The hatch area was very practical. Gas mileage was pretty bad.

Most damningly, the car let rainwater in. By the buckets. There's a space on my Allante convertible top which water can drip in if I get caught in a rainstorm, but the Bricklin 1) has nearly 40 year old weatherstripping and 2) had some ridiculously stupid engineering to begin with.

The gullwing doors were a hoot, even though the onboard air system had a leak so after a night's rest the pressure would be low. I got comments at nearly every stop I made; it could become annoying if I was in a hurry (like the stop in Yreka, CA...the girl there wanted to talk and talk about it, I finally had to tell her I had to go)! It was a fun trip and a fun car.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-16-10, 10:49 AM
I got to sit in a DeLorean one night last year at the local drag here in St. Paul. Certainly a very neat car, and those gullwing doors are SO cool to operate!

drewsdeville
10-16-10, 10:53 AM
Wasn't water leakage common on pretty much EVERY gullwinged model made, even before old age? With Chad bringing up the Delorean, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about water leakage problems with those as well, just like the Bricklin.

billc83
10-16-10, 10:56 AM
Bricklin remains the only production car with POWER-OPERATED gullwing doors. Press a button, the door goes up. Press a button, the door goes down. The DeLorean's torsion bar can eat my balls.

Stingroo
10-16-10, 11:44 AM
You sold the Bricklin, Bill?

billc83
10-16-10, 11:54 AM
No, still own it. It's just in pieces getting resto-modded. Undriveable at the moment.

jedhead
10-16-10, 01:00 PM
1971 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi, yellow with a black vinyl top and automatic. I was test driving the car hoping to buy it when I was 16 years old in 1974. The owner told me to punch it when we were going about 30mph. The car scared the crap out of me. The car had 20k miles and he wanted $2500 for the car. I went home to get my dad to go with me to the bank to buy it (my savings account was a joint account). He asked me what car I wanted to get and I told him a Plymouth. He asked me what kind of Plymouth. I said a 1971 Barracuda with low miles and good condition and we just need go to the bank and withdraw the money. I would get the car and he can check it out. Nope, Dad wanted to see the car before I bought it. We drove up to the car and then Dad said to me, "Son I am going to save your life, you not getting that car with a Hemi in it". In hindsight, I would either been dead or rich by now. Most likely dead though.

Bob

orconn
10-16-10, 01:38 PM
Anyone remember Bill Cosby's comedy sketch on his taking delivery of his new Shelby Cobra 4.. ? I remember it was funny as all get out, as Cosby came to grips with what this car was and what it would do in his own hilarious way.

SleepTight
10-16-10, 01:55 PM
A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to drive a Bentley Continental GT Speed around Pocono Racetrack--with race legend Dereck Bell in the passenger seat.

Didn't make me buy one though. The V is a far more exciting car to drive.

ThumperPup
10-16-10, 05:32 PM
1971 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi, yellow with a black vinyl top and automatic. I was test driving the car hoping to buy it when I was 16 years old in 1974. The owner told me to punch it when we were going about 30mph. The car scared the crap out of me. The car had 20k miles and he wanted $2500 for the car. I went home to get my dad to go with me to the bank to buy it (my savings account was a joint account). He asked me what car I wanted to get and I told him a Plymouth. He asked me what kind of Plymouth. I said a 1971 Barracuda with low miles and good condition and we just need go to the bank and withdraw the money. I would get the car and he can check it out. Nope, Dad wanted to see the car before I bought it. We drove up to the car and then Dad said to me, "Son I am going to save your life, you not getting that car with a Hemi in it". In hindsight, I would either been dead or rich by now. Most likely dead though.

Bob

oh man i feel sorry for that shoot could have been rich with that car