: Brake pedal kick back

Birdbrain
10-14-10, 02:46 PM
Strange thing happened this AM. When I first started the truck there was a pronounced "scrunching" sound for a split second which seemed to come from around the firewall. I thought it was an HVAC door/flap adjusting itself and didn't think much more about it (it may well have been and has nothing to do with the following). Off I went, fat, dumb and happy, but the first time I touched the brake pedal it kicked back slightly (only once) before engaging normally. It continued to do this, a slight, single, kick back, acting as though the anti-lock was about to kick in, every time I touched the brake. Finally, after about 20 miles and 3 stops wherein the car was parked and restarted, it returned to normal. It was raining out but at no time was there any need for the anti-lock to kick in (city driving, low speed and very light braking...no chance of skidding whatsoever). Has anyone else ever experienced this?

ESCALADOR
10-14-10, 05:08 PM
Yes... I have had that exact thing happen to me with the brake pedal kickback in my 2005 a couple times. I have never heard a "scrunching" sound though?? Never did find out what the deal was.

Gale Hawkins
10-14-10, 05:16 PM
I had this happen on our test drive a couple weeks ago when standing on the brakes. I swore they did not fully release so I backed up a few yards and then took it back to the dealership. There was no drag when testing it by coming to a rolling stop. We have since put about 1000 miles on the car and all is well. Just got back from the alignment shop. All parts and settings checked out fine on the rack and in the test drive and there was no charge but he asked I bring it into him when it comes times for brakes, etc.