: Factory rims flaking

ESCALADE132
10-13-10, 09:17 PM
I was cleaning my rims and I noticed that one of my rims that the chrome is flaking off. I have seen on here where alot of you have had them replaced under warranty, will they try and give me the run around or will they say ok and order a new one? I already had 2 new rims put on a few months ago due to an accident so after they replace this one all will be new except one. Will they replace that if there is a little inperfection or make me wait?
Thanks

RippyPartsDept
10-13-10, 11:53 PM
if you're under the bumper to bumper (or CPO warranty) this should be covered - if not you may fall into some special coverage
check w/ your local dealers
i don't know of any reason to make you wait

make sure you call more than one dealer if you don't succeed at first...

ESCALADE132
10-18-10, 11:50 AM
Good news I just took my Escalade to the dealer to show him that the rear rim was flaking and the other one was not but had a small mark on them. They ordered me 2 new rims with no problems or hassle which was nice!

glock36
10-18-10, 08:15 PM
I recently had my 2007 in for service for a slow leak in the right rear tire. Service mgr came out and told me the wheel was flaking on the bead of the rim, they replaced all 4 wheels free of charge under the warranty with new center caps. I have no complaints :)

RippyPartsDept
10-18-10, 09:08 PM
i'm fairly certain that this wheel issue was a well-known problem (because it was so widespread)
and people who don't really care about their trucks that much aren't going to notice and will be out of luck when their warranty runs out

andre_outlaw
10-18-10, 11:27 PM
I had then replaced and low and behold.. the new ones are doing the same thing, so i am using them as winter beaters and got nice ones for summer.